continuing forum technical hitch

slice

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
These days my posts are no longer being treated as spam, thanks to prevoius action by mods. However, if I read a thread before logging in, I am not not able to post a reply except to threads I didn't read before I logged in, so I have to close down the internet, start it up again and login again befor posting a reply on the previously read thread.

I think the contributors to the recent power cable thread are showing tremendous stamina if it is affecting them in the same way!

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I think including the word "cable" in any thread should immediately trigger an "argument pending" filter lest certain regular contributes start the usual, pointless, "cables do / do not matter" arguments and name calling.

paulkebab

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem but I've found that if you've logged in, it shows you as logged out when you click a thread. Click log in at the bottom of the thread and up pops the comment window .. very strange!

@ Benedict - nothing to do with the pros or cons of certain cables it's a valid comment as the site doesn't seem to be working as it should.

slice

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
Personally, I think including the word "cable" in any thread should immediately trigger an "argument pending" filter lest certain regular contributes start the usual, pointless, "cables do / do not matter" arguments and name calling.

ok, sorry about last sentence....

slice

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
paulkebab said:
I have the same problem but I've found that if you've logged in, it shows you as logged out when you click a thread. Click log in at the bottom of the thread and up pops the comment window .. very strange!

@ Benedict - nothing to do with the pros or cons of certain cables it's a valid comment as the site doesn't seem to be working as it should.

I've just checked the issue you have written about and it's the same with me, though as I say only with threads I have already read before I have logged in.

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Yep, the 'cant post to a thread you were reading when you logged in' problem has been around for months. Not sure if it is browser specific as it is must be cookie related. On the offchance a developer gets to read this, I am using Microsoft Edge.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts