Connection Help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I think Im ready to take the plunge into the home cinema arena.After many months of buying the mags,reading the forums etc ive decided on the kit I want to buy but I must confess Im finding it all a bit daunting.Im in the process of buying the following-a sony KDL40W3000 LCD TV,a Panasonic DMP-BD30 Bluray DVD.an Onkyo TX-SR605 Amp,a Q Acoustic 1010i 5.1 system,and Sky HD,and Im sitting it all on a Custom Design Concept AV stand.My problem is,after speaking to a couple of seemingly knowledgeable sales people im getting conflicting suggestions on how best to connect it all together.Can anyone help and point me in the right direction,as you can probably tell im very new to this so any help would be much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

i would say, if you want the Sky to run through the speakers when you wish, then try the following:

Speakers into the Amp and Sky HD into the Amp via HDMI, and also Blu Ray player into the Amp via HDMI.

And then HDMI from the Amp to the TV.

However this means that you need the Amp and speakers on to watch the Sky box, if you dont want this, try all of the above, except:

instead of the HDMI from Sky Box to amp, maybe try HDMI from Sky Box to TV and Optical cable to Amp for optional sound :)

Hope this helps

A

Anonymous

Thank you for your reply Matthew,I think im on the right tracks,just one more thing, Ive been told I need an analogue connection from the DVD to the amp and an analogue connection from the amp to the subwoofer by one person and from another Ive been told to use a QED P75 digital coaxial cable from DVD to amp and a QED PSW subwoofer cable from sub to amp,any thaughts.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts