Connecting TV to 2 channel amp

Balderdash

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I am stuck, please help!

i have bought a Panasonic viera TX L42E6B and am trying to put the sound through my 2 channel audio amp. I cant get any sound through the speakers.

I have an amp and dac. The tv has speaker outputs amd a digital audio output which i think is optical.

Thanks in anticipation.

mmg

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
That TV doesn't have speaker outputs. It only has an optical and headphone audio output. Just connect the optical out of the TV to the optical in of your DAC. Then connect the analogue out of your DAC to an input on your amp.

John Duncan

Depending on what's going into the TV in the first place, it may be outputting multichannel audio which your DAC isn't able to understand. Set the audio output from digital to 2-channel PCM. P74 of the manual refers:
http://www.richersounds.com/static/manuals/e6b.pdf

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Balderdash said:
Thanks, but not a peep. I wonder if my Dac is the problem- perhaps it can't process the tv output.

Have a look in the system menus and find TV speakers on/off then try selecting TV speakers off. This might be why you're not getting any sound With them on as the TV may not be sending any signal to the Optical output.

Also go into "Advanced Settings" and in the "Audio Preference" section select Stereo. Your DAC should take the signal now.

Let us know how you get on.

The Cable Madman (Glacialpth) :rockout:

John Duncan

I have the 32E6B and I found the following:

- you can only select PCM or bitstream when the internal TV tuner is selected. There is no such option on the HDMI inputs on my version (though I understand the bigger ones may have - if they do, set them to PCM as well).

- if you want to play stereo from the TV tuner via optical, set the TV tuners option to PCM rather than Auto (I think)

- anything coming into the HDMI inputs will be downmixed to stereo via the optical out.

So, set the TV tuner to output PCM, leave any HDMI equipment as they are for now, take an optical cable from the SPDIF optical socket on the Panasonic to an optical in on the Edirol (I am presuming it has one but will check), then audio cables from it to the MF. Try all that and report back...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts