CONNECTING SONY STR DA2400 ES AMP

seanygib

Sep 10, 2003
Visit site
I HAVE JUST PURCHASED THE ABOVE AMP AND AM WANTING, IN DETAIL IF POSSIBLE, THE BEST WAY TO CONNECT IT ALL USING MY CURRENT SET UP WHICH IS:

SONY KDL V4000 LCD TV

SKY HD

PLAYSTSTION 3 (WHICH I WILL BE USING AS DVD/BLU RAY PLAYER)

KEF 1005.3 SPEAKERS

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT,

SEAN

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Amp to TV using an HDMI lead from HDMI out.

PS3 to amp using HDMI to HDMI on amp

SKYHD to amp via HDMI to HDMI & digital optical lead to amp for DD sound.

KEF speakers connect to rear of amp using speaker wire of your choice to red & black connectors. Ensure you connect relevant red to red and black to black when hooking them up.

Enjoy.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

seanygib

Sep 10, 2003
Visit site
Cheers for the quick reply.

One last (silly) question.

Do I still need my sky hd and ps3 connected to tv also via HDMI or does the connection to amp sort all the audio/video out? I'm upgrading from a home cinema in a box system which has hardly any connectivity.

Sean

seanygib

Sep 10, 2003
Visit site
Wow!

This may be easier than I thought. I'm no technophobe but I really do get confused when it comes to connectivity.

thanks very much for the speedy replies.

so to clarify - TV TO AMP VIA HDMI, SKY+ HD TO AMP VIA HDMI and OPTICAL, PS3 TO AMP VIA HDMI. NO MORE CONNECTIONS OTHER THAN MY SPEAKERS/SUB TO AMP.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

LOL - 6 months was to allow a settling in period before the doubt starts to creep in about;

could I get more from this system, I wonder what would happen if I had 'brand x' speakers, what if I just changed this cable to that one...etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

TRENDING THREADS