Connecting Sky Box & HD/DVD to Sony Bravia TV for best picture quality?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Following the demise of a Panasonic CRT type TV we have just bought our 1st LCD TV - a Sony Bravia Sony KDL-37W5500.

I've not been following developments in TV technology etc. and have little knowledge but having searched forums for what seems a long while suspect that the best way to connect the TV to a Sky Plus Box and a Sony DVD/HD recorder will be to use HDMI cables rather than the inherited Scart cable left over from the previous set up?

'Just wondered if anyone could confirm this. We don't have an HD contract with Sky yet but it is likely in the no too distant . . .

If neither is the way to go and someone wants to recommend a 'better' soliution I'd be grateful.

Thanks

David

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Welcome to the Forums David
emotion-2.gif

If possible the best connection is HDMI but seeing as you only have the standard Sky+ box this is not a option so until you upgrade to Sky+HD (I would strongly recomend this as IMHO you will see improvements with SD channels and definatly be very happy with the HD ones) so for now you are stuck with SCART and if you are not using a RGB wired one at the moment maybe get one until you go the Sky+HD route, but personally I would give Sky a call as Sky+HD is only £49 at the moment and a good quality RGB Scart would be around £20.

As for your Sony DVD/HD recorder you have not given a model number so will just work on a sliding scale here, HDMI-Component-Scart.

Hope that helps
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks very much for the reply - much appreciated.

I'll do as you say and bite the bullet and contact Sky to get an HD service sorted (hadn't realised that even SD programmes would look btter via the newer box/system) + check if the Scart is up to the job for the meantime.

Thanks again.

David

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts