Connecting NODE to TV....HDMI or optical?

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'd like to connect my bluesound node to my TV. I can use either HDMI or optical? Would any sound better? Also, if optical, is there a minimum standard of cable I would need?
Thanks,
Roger.

DCarmi

Technically HDMI audio supports more audio standards but with the Node I doubt there'd be much difference, since the Node won't support DTS etc.

Asking a cabling here question is always risky. Basically it is a digital cable. Either they work or the don't. I'd go for something fairly inexpensive, e.g. Amazon Basics or similar. If audio does not cut out on you, then you are fine. I have several optical cables on equipment, including TV to soundbase and also on CCA's and never have a problem with a bog standard cable.

Try both and see if you have a preference and if one is more convenient to you.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Technically HDMI audio supports more audio standards but with the Node I doubt there'd be much difference, since the Node won't support DTS etc.

Asking a cabling here question is always risky. Basically it is a digital cable. Either they work or the don't. I'd go for something fairly inexpensive, e.g. Amazon Basics or similar. If audio does not cut out on you, then you are fine. I have several optical cables on equipment, including TV to soundbase and also on CCA's and never have a problem with a bog standard cable.

Try both and see if you have a preference and if one is more convenient to you.
Cool, thanks for that :)

doifeellucky

I also use a budget (less than £10) optical cable off Amazon from my TV to my Cambridge CXA60. One point to note is they shouldn’t be bent too much so make sure you get one that is a bit longer than normal. I’d probably allow an extra half a metre.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts