Connect me tv and sky to broadband / ethernet

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am thinking of moving my broadband router downstairs and placing it at the back of the TV on the pedestal stand, with a BT home plug as well. There will be 3 Ethernet cables going from router to the TV, sky box and the BT home plug. Will this cause any interference or picture noise?

If I chose not to move my router downstairs is it possible to have 3 BT home plugs running together or do they only run in a configured set of 2?

Cheers

It shouldn't cause interference if you use an ADSL filter.

Bear in mind that Internet speed is maximum when the router is connected to the master socket, rather than an extension. My Internet speed became painfully slow when I tried moving my router to the lounge.

daveh75

bobbys said:
I am thinking of moving my broadband router downstairs and placing it at the back of the TV on the pedestal stand, with a BT home plug as well. There will be 3 Ethernet cables going from router to the TV, sky box and the BT home plug. Will this cause any interference or picture noise?

No it shouldn't. Though WI-FI devices can cause interference/signal issues with satellite receivers, so i'd keep your router as far as way from the Sky box as possible.

If I chose not to move my router downstairs is it possible to have 3 BT home plugs running together or do they only run in a configured set of 2? Cheers

Why not just use an 4 way ethernet switch, connected to a homeplug, rather than a homeplug for each device

A

Anonymous

could you explain more on the 4 way swith, maybe even a link to a picture if you would please.

cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts