admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have the following equipment, Rotel RA-931 Mkll amp, NAD 522 cd player and Celestion 20i speakers. I have about £1000 - £1500 to spend.

Do I spend it on the Marantz CD6002, Rotel RA-04 & Monitor Audio Bronze BR2. Or splash that little extra on the Rega Apollo, Roksan Kandy lll and B&W 685?

I mainly listen to Metal and some blues like Joe Bonamassa.

Help!!!!!!

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="wannobear"]
I have the following equipment, Rotel RA-931 Mkll amp, NAD 522 cd player and Celestion 20i speakers. I have about £1000 - £1500 to spend.

Do I spend it on the Marantz CD6002, Rotel RA-04 & Monitor Audio Bronze BR2. Or splash that little extra on the Rega Apollo, Roksan Kandy lll and B&W 685?

I mainly listen to Metal and some blues like Joe Bonamassa.

Help!!!!!!
[/quote]

Rega Apollo, Roksan Kandy lll and B&W 685 - All the way for me

Although personally i'd be tempted to go for an Arcam 10 integrated amp and Arcam 10P power amp on Ebay and buy the B&W 684 or 683 speakers new!

The Arcam 10's seem to sell often on Ebay and always look pristine examples! Fantastic Amps and well suited to Rock, Blues and heavy-bassy music in my opinion

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I'd go with d_a_n1979 on the secondhand amps suggestion. I think the RA-04, good though it is, won't give you noticeably more clout than the RA-931, and something with a bit more welly is required.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
I'd go with d_a_n1979 on the secondhand amps suggestion. I think the RA-04, good though it is, won't give you noticeably more clout than the RA-931, and something with a bit more welly is required.

[/quote]

Thanks Andrew :)

I just feel that Arcam & B&W speakers suit each other so well for bassy music. Anything like rock, house, electronic, blues goes so well with B&W and good Arcam amps make them sound fantastic.

Im really happy with my Arcam 9 & 9P set up with my B&W 602 S3's, will deffo be looking at Arcam 10 & 10P and some new B&W speakers in the New Year tho. Thank god for commission!

With £1000-£1500 to spend, you'd do well with Arcam amps off Ebay and new B&W speakers.

Have you an idea for a CD player?

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys for your advice.

Took a trip and my money to Oranges & Lemons in Battersea.

They put togetger 3 systems for me, the Creek Evo amp & cd, Roksan Kandy amp & cd and finally the Rotel RA-05 amp and RCD-06 cd all with B&W 685's

I thought the Creek and Roksan combos to light for my type of music. As soon as I put the cd in the Rotel I knew straight away these were the ones for me.

I have today part with anothe £180 ona pair of super dreadnought stands, I cant beleive the difference they make. I am now a very happy bunny.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts