Rotel RA-04 v Creek A50i

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

After much research I thought I had finally decided on a Rotel RA-04 amp with Monitor Audio Bronze BR2 speakers. I'll mainly be playing music with a Squeezebox Duet. However I've been offered a Creek A50i at a pretty similar price to the RA-04 but can't find too much about Creek amps. Would I be better off with the Creek and if so can anyone recommend some speakers to try that would be a good match. I don't really want to spend much more than £500.

Thanks

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Boonrod:
Hi

After much research I thought I had finally decided on a Rotel RA-04 amp with Monitor Audio Bronze BR2 speakers. I'll mainly be playing music with a Squeezebox Duet. However I've been offered a Creek A50i at a pretty similar price to the RA-04 but can't find too much about Creek amps. Would I be better off with the Creek and if so can anyone recommend some speakers to try that would be a good match. I don't really want to spend much more than £500.

Thanks

I would give the Creek a try with your MA speakers, should sound nice. I wasn't overly impressed with the RA-04. The Creek retailed originally at almost double the Rotel though.

A

Anonymous

I certainly like my set of Rotel RA-04 amp with Monitor Audio Bronze BR2 speakers, they provide a happy sound. One advantage of the Rotel is the ability to add a matching power amp, if you want later. The Creek was a more expensive amp in 2004 ish at about 475 from looking at Google, but it is now discontinued.

Buying a DAC would be next on my list in between the Squeezebox and your amp. It has made a huge difference to the sound for my own system. Obviously after speaker stands and cables...

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies. I presume the cheap price on the Creek is because it has been discontinued and the shop is trying to offload it. Hence my slight hesitation, are they really trying to sell me something better or just trying to get rid of something.

What obviously wasn't clear from my first post was that I want to buy speakers and an amp and I had decided on the Rotel & MA. If I go for the Creek, maybe someone can suggest some alternative speakers to try that might be a better match.

As for the DAC, that's coming when I've saved up a bit more money!

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
Boonrod:
Hence my slight hesitation, are they really trying to sell me something better or just trying to get rid of something.

They are just trying to sell you something, period. Get whatever sounds good to you. Epos is supposed to sound good with Creek, but again, it's up to you.

A

Anonymous

Boonrod:

Hi

Thanks

The Rotel RA-04 would be a good match with the Monitor Audio BR2's. As mentioned, if you choose to go with Creek, then EPOS are the speakers you desire - they are excellent partners, like Naim & Neat. Sonically, they compliment each other very well.

TRENDING THREADS