More advice please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey all!

As a few of you already know, I recently bought a Rotel RCD-06 and a pair of B&W 685's. Initially, I wanted a Rotel RA-03 integrated amp to go with this set up but had no luck locating one.

However, I have been offered an ex-dem (hardly used) Roksan Kandy LIII integrated amp for £350. It comes with a full manufacturers warranty, so hopefully should last a long time. It costs a bit more than I wanted to spend, but has the higher wattage that the 685's require and does look VERY pretty so I am willing to pay the extra
emotion-1.gif

My question is, as I listen to mainly goth, industrial and electronica, will the Roksan Kandy LIII amp work well with the B&W 685's and Rotel RCD-06?

Also, what speaker cable and interconnects would you recommend? I was thinking maybe the Silverscreen speaker cable with banana plugs and Chord Crimson interconnects. Are banana plugs worth buying or is there something else that I should buy?

Any advice, as always, is VERY much appreciated.

Take care,
Rachel

PS floyd droid- I hope I didn't get you into trouble with the mods. I noticed that the RA-03 thread had mod corrections all over it
emotion-10.gif

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Twas my fault entirely rachel so worry ye not
emotion-2.gif
. You can buy your speaker cables unterminated (bare wire) but you are better off buying them terminated (with banana plugs) it will be less of a faff for you.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Rachel,

floyd droid is more than capable of getting himself into trouble on his own
emotion-1.gif

And please don't discuss moderation in the Forums, as it's against house rules...

A

Anonymous

Rachel the Roksan Kandy you mentioned is a massive step up in quality from the Rotel, i haven't heard it with the B&W's but have heard it with other speakers and it has great timing, soundstage and plenty of punch, I have no doubt from people that have paired them with the B&W's, that it will sound extremely good and for the price you have been offered it at, snap it up, i would.

You don't have to buy banana plugs, as they don't carry any real benefit, they will be more convenient if you are moving things around as they will plug straight into the speakers and amp but other than that, not really worth buying them.

A

Anonymous

Uh oh...... I've done it again. I've never been too good with rules, you know
emotion-5.gif

Andrew- I promise to be more careful in the future
emotion-1.gif

floyd droid- Yeah, I think I will go with the banana plugs as they make the whole connecting thing sound a lot simpler. By the way, what do you think to the Roksan Kandy? Should it be OK with the 685's and RCD-06?

hi fi newbie- Thanks for the advice. I thought the Kandy sounded like a good deal too
emotion-2.gif
Especially, as I've been looking longingly at one of those for a while but they were far too expensive to contemplate.

Has anyone out there heard the Kandy amp, Rotel cd and 685 combo? Or, knows someone who has? I REALLY hope they will work well together......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts