Confused with Cyrus

alan harknett

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
The Cyrus CDI player What HI FI review states that this is there best CD player ever , Cyrus web site also state it's there best player ever . So where dose this leave the signature CD player that has just been released and I am trying to get to audition and compare with my cd8se2 ? Very confusing I will have to compare all three players altogether but I dought if I'll be able to loan both players at the same time so I can do back to back comparison . Has anyone had a chance to hear both the CDI and SIgniture players in comparison and what did you find ?

adamrobertshaw

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
The CDi is a player with a built in DAC and both analogue and digital outputs.

The CDXt Signature is purely a transport with no built in DAC and therefore only digital outputs.

alan harknett

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
At the end of the day they all play CDs , I am only interested in sound quality I have a DAC XP+ so makes no difference to me if they have built in DACs or not . Forget the price or internal design for the moment I'm just concerned about which one sounds the best in your opinion.

alan harknett

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I can report that I could not hear any difference between the signature player and the cd 8se2 on my system. I can say that the build quality on the signature,s drive looking from the front through the drive slot is much stronger looking, instead of plastic parts I see metal drive components . I have some cd's that are always difficult to get loaded on my cd se2 but the signature had no trouble with these disks, loading times are quicker and quiter , the whole operation seems that much more slicker. The new remote controller is much improved and I found it a joy to use with its back lit buttons and learning capabilities, I liked it so much infact i'v ordered a new remote for my system (£50) . So I won't be upgrading my CD player but I will be sending it off under warranty to get it repaired in the hope it will actually be able to play cd's reliable enough to not need the £1150 upgrade, which to be honest is a bit much in my opinion .

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
alan harknett said:
I can report that I could not hear any difference between the signature player and the cd 8se2 on my system. I can say that the build quality on the signature,s drive looking from the front through the drive slot is much stronger looking, instead of plastic parts I see metal drive components . I have some cd's that are always difficult to get loaded on my cd se2 but the signature had no trouble with these disks, loading times are quicker and quiter , the whole operation seems that much more slicker. The new remote controller is much improved and I found it a joy to use with its back lit buttons and learning capabilities, I liked it so much infact i'v ordered a new remote for my system (£50) . So I won't be upgrading my CD player but I will be sending it off under warranty to get it repaired in the hope it will actually be able to play cd's reliable enough to not need the £1150 upgrade, which to be honest is a bit much in my opinion .

Do you have a link for the new remote?

regards

alan harknett

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry no link but just ordered from local Audio T said should be within 2weeks, Cyrus web site lists it under accessories £50 just checked today it's back on ready for ordering.

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
alan harknett said:
Sorry no link but just ordered from local Audio T said should be within 2weeks, Cyrus web site lists it under accessories £50 just checked today it's back on ready for ordering.

Is this the one?

http://www.cyrusaudio.com/product/accessories/ir14-remote-control

Why is it better than the one that came in the box?

alan harknett

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I was going to upgrade the DAC XP+ to the SIgniture DAC (£850) but was so impressed with the sound, not just to the sound quality of the CD player but also with the Squeeze Touch I decided to keep with it for the moment so I would recommend the DAC XP + as a good upgrade.It made the Touch sound very close to the CD player useing Flack uncompressed files through the digital coaxial input of the DAC. Even the DAB radio sounds better using its digital out via optical cable. All digital cables are from chord

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts