Computer for streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkwind16

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm looking to buy a decent compact laptop for streaming hi fi quality music and cruising the internet. My music will streaming from Tidal/Spotify etc by bluetooth and usb cable, and occaisonal purchases of high res downloads.

Will a basic spec laptop be ok ? How about cheap Chromebooks ?

Thanks

Gray

Hawkwind16 said:
I'm looking to buy a decent compact laptop for streaming hi fi quality music and cruising the internet. My music will streaming from Tidal/Spotify etc by bluetooth and usb cable, and occaisonal purchases of high res downloads.

Will a basic spec laptop be ok ? How about cheap Chromebooks ?

Thanks

It was for me. Until about 3 years ago, I'd never owned any computer. Thought I'd get one, mainly to rip CDs to FLAC, only went for a cheapie. (Around £275 after a cashback from Lenovo)

When considering its internal hard drive, think about how much music you might want to store on it (no problem if you will be mostly streaming) and whether you might prefer a silent SSD type.

You said about USB so you might want to allow funds for a decent USB DAC to go between the PC and your hi-fi. (Again, no need to over-spend on that either).

Don't expect too much from high resolution, it's always more about the recording than any playback difference between CD quality and 24 bit files. They may officially be allowed to describe anything above 16 / 44.1 as hi-res, but ask yourself what you're actually getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts