Componant input and RGB input green yellow screen

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Dear all,

I have just upgraded my tv and system to that at the foot of this note. Thought I would do the decent thing and pass down the old telly to my son as he has Xbox 360. The tv is an Atec AV320W and only has DVI or componant for HD.

Componant was the option for the 360 but when plugging in get a screen that is heavily washed out with yellow and green. Thought it was the cable so tried again using my DVD player......same result. Have tried swapping inputs round no joy.

Anyone had experience with the above or does it sound like an internal cct board failure on the componant input??

Bit peeved really TV only 2 and a half years old.

m.j

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
I had a similar thing happen to me and was told it was "dry joints" ? something to do with the solder on the inputs
hope that helps

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Finally got TV looked at. Modular input board (basically series of amplifiers) is defective.

£135 for the bit plus fitting
emotion-6.gif

That will take to close on £200 to repair, is it worth it???????

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
If it was me I would put the £200 towards a new tv. Especially as you can buy a brand new 32" Panasonic or Sony for around £300.

Yes I know it's another £100 but I think it would be money well spent. Lots of bargains about at the moment, and with this years new models just around the corner there might be some real bargains to be had on the current models. You should get a big increase in picture quality, and be future proofed with HDMI inputs and if you buy the right model 24fps Blu-Ray support.

If you bought from John Lewis for example you would also get a free 5 year warranty included with the tv.

Only you can decide whats best though.

EDIT: I have the 42PZ85 as well, really good tv
emotion-1.gif

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Spiceweasel, cheers, was thinking that. Found reciept today for that telly, nearly three years old, think a little letter to manufacturer might be in order as well!!!

What settings do you have your 85 on? Have mine on cinema and warm, have not run THX optimiser yet, just going to let tv run in!!

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Yup, I'd get in touch to see if you have any right to recompense. All depends what the fault was caused by, but a set should last a bit longer than 3 years.

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
I set mine up with the THX optimiser straight away, made a huge difference as the factory settings are miles off. I normally use "eco" for normal tv viewing, "cinema" for watching films and I set up "normal" for PS3 games. IFC is turned off, alot better off thats for sure.

The settings did need a tweak after 100 hours or so once it had run in. I also bought Digital Video Essentials: HD basics on Blu-Ray, around £15-£20. Not as simple to use as the THX optimiser, but it does explain how to adjust all your settings with the various test patterns. You also get some glasses that you use to adjust the colour. It's well worth the effort though.

I have heard that "Cinema" on "warm" is the closest you can get to the D65 (I think) standard without using the hidden service menu's. I set mine up on "normal" colour so I am going to change to "warm" and set it up again with the DVE Blu-Ray. It does look a bit "cool" on normal so "warm" is the way to go.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Just a quick update. Letter sent off to Novatech informing them of my disgust at the product failing in this way after 30months. Will let you know there response.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Well this is going to surprise you all. Two weeks and NO RESPONSE from Novatech, any ideas on where to take this or specific lines that I can put in my second letter?

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Got a response from Novatech after my second leter, they are now going to send my TV away for repair free of charge. Very good customer service, they have gone the extra mile.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts