Compact Disc Players

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I am also a huge lover of the CD. Never apologize to anyone for loving them especially to the vinly is better crowd. If money were no object then the CD player I would own is the (grabs an old copy of the magazine) Burmester 069. it costs a whopping thirty five grand (that is more than my car cost me) and What hi-fi say it is the best CD player they ever heard and who am I to argue with them.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
MrReaper182 said:
I am also a huge lover of the CD. Never apologize to anyone for loving them especially to the vinly is better crowd. If money were no object then the CD player I would own is the (grabs an old copy of the magazine) Burmester 069. it costs a whopping thirty five grand (that is more than my car cost me) and What hi-fi say it is the best CD player they ever heard and who am I to argue with them.

Excellent!

Perhaps lower your sites to a Burmester 061 at around 7.5K according to some, a better player than my beloved EMC1UP.

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

iceman16 said:
Macspur said:
I make no apologies for being a lover of CD players and feel grateful for, in the EMC1UP, possessing an excellent player myself.

Just wanted to know for those like minded members out there, which player would you own if money were no object?

Not interested in hearing about transports and DACS, just one box players.

A couple of brands spring to mind for me... Accuphase and Burmester.

Mac

Hi Mac

Im not quite sure if it's the Chord Electronics red reference I've heard at my local dealer one time and I really want to take it home if I have the £££

If it was the Red Reference you'll need to add a few more ££ to that,
teeth_smile.gif

iceman16

Al ears said:
iceman16 said:
Macspur said:
I make no apologies for being a lover of CD players and feel grateful for, in the EMC1UP, possessing an excellent player myself.

Just wanted to know for those like minded members out there, which player would you own if money were no object?

Mac

Hi Mac

Im not quite sure if it's the Chord Electronics red reference I've heard at my local dealer one time and I really want to take it home if I have the £££

I know and it sounds absolutely stunning
regular_smile.gif

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
iceman16 said:
Al ears said:
iceman16 said:
Macspur said:

Mac

Hi Mac

I know and it sounds absolutely stunning

I have seen that model used and ex demo a couple of times, so worth keeping your eye out if you did fancy a change,... was it better than the EMC1UP Iceman?

Mac

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts