CM8s or CM9s in my 3ft by 7ft room.

atkins4725

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
Morning all,

I'm having serious trouble trying to come to a descision on which speakers to upgrade to, CM8s or CM9s. The main concern is with lower range. I auditioned both pairs on Thursday and without doubt there is a noticable difference between the pair with CM8s sounding like they had considerably less weight behind them but at the same time sounding clearer, i'm guessing that is due to the distance i was seated at???

My room is 3ft in lenght with the sofa against the back wall and the width of the room being 7ft. Given the size of the room would the CM8s be a wiser choice with the addition of the sub being added at a later date?

A

Anonymous

The CM8's will do a great job with the low ends when you give it decent amplification. Ask your B&W dealer to add a proper power amp to it when you demo and I am sure you will feel differently about the low ends.

atkins4725

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
I've got the CM8s at home with me now for an audition with my kit, along with the ASWcm10 & CM centre. The CM8s are worth the money just for the mids & higher end alone, stunning. They make my 683s sound dull and look rather vulgar.

A

Anonymous

Best to experience it, if the company who lets you demo the CM8's have a power amp they can hook up as well, try it. Just a suggestion as I know that the CM8 with a decent Class AB power sounded excellent with no lack on the low ends.

atkins4725

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
I've had both the cm8s and cm9s in my room and honestly, there is no lack of power from the marantz which I found out whilst the cm9s were hooked up. They were just waaaay to much more my living room. I've now got the cm8s back for a 2nd home audition only this time they're partnered with the pv1 sub, setup ready to go for a Blu ray tonight.

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
atkins4725 said:
I've had both the cm8s and cm9s in my room and honestly, there is no lack of power from the marantz which I found out whilst the cm9s were hooked up. They were just waaaay to much more my living room. I've now got the cm8s back for a 2nd home audition only this time they're partnered with the pv1 sub, setup ready to go for a Blu ray tonight.

Out of interest, are you planning to set the CM8s as "small" and let the PV1D handle the bass, as I have a similar setup, but have the front CM8s set to large at the moment (wondering if I can get better bass by going "small")

atkins4725

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Dandy,

I'm gunna experiment tonight with hunger games on blu ray and see how things go. I just can't seem to get the cm9s out of my head!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts