Cleaning fluids

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
That's where digitising 😱 vinyl comes into its own.
I found that blanket click removal adversely affected the HF but...
There's something very satisfying about zooming right in to see (unmissable) clicks on the waveform....then obliterating them.
Because you're so zoomed in, you take out the click and leave the music intact.

Takes a while, especially if there are several clicks.
If your vinyl track isn't available on CD or streaming.....you may scoff at digitising vinyl, but there's your choice; make it listenable, or store unlistenable vinyl.
Nothing against digitizing vinyl if you have the time and patience to do it but it seems to me if your going to that extreme a download purchase might be the way to go instead of paying for pricy vinyl in the first place

Gray

Nothing against digitizing vinyl if you have the time and patience to do it but it seems to me if your going to that extreme a download purchase might be the way to go instead of paying for pricy vinyl in the first place
It was more about making the unplayable that you own, playable.

If it's available as a download (or anywhere else) then yes, by all means forget about any thoughts of digitising vinyl 👍

It was more about making the unplayable that you own, playable.

If it's available as a download (or anywhere else) then yes, by all means forget about any thoughts of digitising vinyl 👍
I believe you may have a point, up to a point. If it is badly unplayable I wouldn't be playing it anyway with the risk of damaging the stylus.
If you have a decent cartridge it is perhaps better to simply ditch the disc and buy a replacement.
I suppose you could buy a cheap cartridge purely for the sake of digitizing but that's further outlay.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts