Cleaning Denon 1910 front panel

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I need to give this a clean as it has acquired some dust from coming out of the static bag it was packaged in, is it best to clean the front panel with compressed air. I had a microfibre cloth that I used on my old onkyo but it used to put scratches on that you could see when direct light would shine onto it. Not sure how resistant this is to them

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I had a bit of a spring clean yesterday and cleaned all my kit using a car waffle weave cloth, which is normally used for drying. I use it on my car's interior as it doesn't leave any fibres. I used some plastic trim cleaner and Autoglym Fast Glass. Came up a treat. I wouldn't have thought a microfibre cloth would scratch though. As I said, car care products are usually pretty good.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply, yeah it was the same on my ps3, i think it is the plastic that they use, it shows scratches on direct light. you cannot see them otherwise but i'd rather not put any onto it

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
As I said, I use car trim cleaner (poorboys I think) and a waffle weave and no scratches inc. on my piano black headunit so thumbs up there. Autoglym fast glass is brilliant stuff and works a treat on just about any surface. You could try those wipes for satnav screens at Halfords too but I'll bet they're dear and you could source something cheaper elsewhere.

A

Anonymous

Could anyone that has one of these perform a test for me, if you shine a direct light source onto it, via sunlight or anything else. Do you see micro-scratches on the front display unit where you get the channel information.

Thanks

Stu

TRENDING THREADS