Classic FM Hall of Fame

Pedro2

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Just tried to start the annual Easter ritual weekend listen of the top 300 only to experience the dreaded 'drop outs' within seconds on internet radio. My wife came up with the simple solution of using the TV radio freesat option. Never normally listen to freesat radio but it sounds pretty good and no drop outs! Listening through a Humax freesat box played through the Linn Majik via hdmi. :)

Anyone else experience internet radio drop outs at peak listening times and do you switch to other sources or just switch off?

mikeparker59

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Been listening to the top 15 or so this evening on my laptop whilst watching TV mainly to enter the hourly competition, and just keep an eye on how the Hall of fame was going. I had a few occasions when the internet radio just stopped completely, and had to restart by clicking on the listen now button. I don't normally listen via my laptop usually listen via FM or my DAB clock radio to wake me up and send me to sleep!

BTW rather disappointed in the No 1 this year. Ok The Lark is a pleasant enough piece but No 1???

Would have preferred to see the Emperor Piano Concerto or Sibelius 2nd symphony.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I tend to listen on that old fashioned thing called an 'FM tuner' which I find doesn't know the meaning of dropouts. Highly recommended :beer: :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts