Classic Album Evenings

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Any musical evenings that I've been to, have been much as MP has described.....and if there were representatives of hifi companies attending, no hard sell was evident.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Personally I would like an evening with a big **** off rock and roll system where we could compare and contrast the 104 'known' live recordings of Dark Star.

The event should of course be held in Brighton so the evening can be concluded with a visit to the 'Evening Star', to sample the products of the Dark Star Brewing Company.

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
MrReaper182 said:
I'll go to obscure listening albums night over a classic album night. Much more my cup of tea. Your not get as many people though the door as you would a classic album night but your probably get a much more interesting bunch of people come.

Maybe being a little less judgemental on how 'interesting' a person is, based on the type of music they enjoy, would set you in good stead, oh great experienced one who is only 30. Perhaps it's just that your expections of what a musical evening should deliver are different to those of the people currently attending. I'd love to go to a musical evening such as this one if there was one locally, but I'm not hugely interested in listening a load of tracks from fringe / obscure artists I don't know; I can do that any time via Spotify. The whole Idea for me would be to experience music I know well, replayed better than I have ever heard.

I never said there should be an evening of listening to obscure acts on album, the OP said that, I just thought his idea was a good one. Have ago at him after all it was his idea. My first post said thier should be an evening of listening to albums that sold well in their day but have since been forgotton. There are so many forgotton classic albums and I don't really know why they are forrton because people loved them back when they came out. I was just talking about giving some love to those insread of listening to the same albums everyone has heard a million times.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Matthew, on the latest Audio-T newsletter, there is news that the Manchester branch are holding another vinyl evening on 9th September. The featured album this time is Nick Drake's Bryter Layter, though no mention of featured equipment.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
Cheers! I got the same newsletter so I've emailed and booked in. Lovely album that, and I'm sure the guys will choose a nice system to play it on. Are you going?

Yes, all being well and dependent on getting back from work on time I intend going to this event. I was sorry I missed the first one, it would have been great to hear a system on a completely different level to what I'm used to

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts