Chord QBD76 DAC v ATC CDA2 DAC

markvh1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
As you can see from my signature below, I have a CDA2 preamp/CDP/DAC. Based on the system I have, does anyone know if adding the chord QBD76 would improve the sound of playing uncompressed files from the NAS through the Sonos ZP90 connected into a QBD76 connected in turn to the analogue inputs of the preamp compared to connecting the Sonos ZP90 into the DAC of the CDA2 with digital connections? If so, would the sound be vastly improved or only a tiny bit?

I am not interested in upgrading any of the kit as I am very happy with it and not had it long but I have a chance of obtaining a Chord QBD76. I know the answer is to listen for myself but the DAC is 100 miles away and I have to either buy it or not. I am prepared to add to the system if it will significantly give even better sound. The DAC is not the HD version.

Hope the above makes sense, I look forward to your comments.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I'm guessing that one of the only people here who has had the chance to directly compare QBD76 vs ATC DACs is Rick from Musicraft.

Bumping on the off-chance he might see your post.

A

Anonymous

I haven't heard the dac on the Atc, but I have extensively tested higher end Dac's and the QBD was untouchable by a significant way. I also have a full Plinius set up and the CD player is amazing, but is still bettered by the QBD playing digital files.

markvh1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that.

I have ordered a QBD76 from Rick at Musicraft, Derby. I had a very informative audition at his shop. I was amazed at the difference in sound. Just waiting for delivery now. I can't wait!

A

Anonymous

I got mine from Rik, which colour / style did you plump for?

You will never regret it, plug a sonos into it and its another world.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts