Chord Odyssey Bi Wire Speaker Cable - any thoughts?

A

Anonymous

hi. i've been looking at speaker cables recently and was considering the chord odyssey also. they are very very good. other ones you may well consider in same sort of price range. QED XTube 400, Van den Hul Cs122 and Ecosse MS2.3or biwire eqivalent. I found the XTUBE to be brighter at the top end than the vdh which i think somewhat more relaxed and smooth.
the odyssey mostly gos well with most kit but try b4 u buy if u worry!!!

A

Anonymous

I use the Odyssey 2 (single wire) on my system. I bought it a few months ago after borrowing a run and comparing to my Chord Carnival Silver Plus Biwire. I thought it was a good improvement, with a smoother HF and weightier LF. I really don't think you'll be disappointed but if you can borrow some runs to try it then you can be sure. The QED stuff is a little lighter in bass and probably brighter. Very good too but in an ideal world you would pick the one that suits your system sound. My money is on the Chord.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Have ordered today so looking forward to replacing existing cable - all because girlfriend wants to move the hi-fi rack into a corner out of view - well if I have to replace it for aesthetics purposes I'm upgrading at the same time!!!! Had to buy 13m of the stuff so told her no holiday this year!!!!

A

Anonymous

13m of the Odyssey 4! With terminations a famous high street dealer would charge £576! Blimey. Hope you like it!!!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
matengawhat:Yeah me to!! was originally only planning on spending £250 - why does it never work out like that. My Dali Ikon 2s are on ebay so hopefully that will go a good way to covering it.

It will be very interesting to hear your thoughts. If I was asked to use one word to describe the sound from this cable: Solid.

A

Anonymous

Just upgraded all my interconnects and speaker wire to bi-wired odessy 2 (2 runs) ,corus2 interconnects.

The results were stunning, best £600 I've spent.....It was like listening to a new system, much much more detail , improved bass..deeper, taughter.

Problem with speaker cables and new interconnects is that they just do not give you the same buzz walking out of the shop coiled up in a bag as you do with new peices of equipment. Silly really because this upgrade made more difference than beilieve it or not a new cyrus8se + psxr which I demo'ed at home only a few days previous!

Alan

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails: If I was asked to use one word to describe the sound from this cable: Solid.

I like the summary. I'll add another: Faultless.ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts