Chord Odyssey 2 or Atlas Hyper 2.0 for my B&W 685?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,English is not my first language,I hope you guys can understand my post~

Here is my system below:

Apple lossless > Cambridge DACmagic PLUS > Wireworld Oasis 6 > NAD C375BEE > QED Silver Anniversary XT > B&W 685

My problem is the QED SA XT speaker cable sounded a little hard(bright?) and lean for me. What I need is balanced and dynamic sound,smooth/natural treble,warm/detailed middle,punchy/clear bass.(Excuse me for my poor adjective :p)

So will Chord Odyssey 2 or Atlas Hyper 2.0 be my proper choice? Of course,any other suggestions are welcomed~

Thanks a lot~

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Slowest forum Ive ever been on.

I would try some VAn Damme Blue or OFC, that is only about £2 a metre if no good sell it on for very little loss. Certainly several people find the VD better than more expensive cables.

Here is a post: http://www.whathifi.com/forum/accessories/van-damme-blue-bargain-of-the-century

and here: http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/just-upgraded-to-the-van-damme-lc-ofc

A

Anonymous

stevebrock said:
if your finding it too bright then maybe the Atlas as the Odyssey is silver!

Thanks for your reply~

so you mean...I should find some cable without plating silver?

A

Anonymous

BigH said:
Slowest forum Ive ever been on.

I would try some VAn Damme Blue or OFC, that is only about £2 a metre if no good sell it on for very little loss. Certainly several people find the VD better than more expensive cables.

Thank you,BigH~

I will consider it~

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
I recently was given a pair of Atlas Equator 2.0 OFC speakercables, and they made my Monitor Audio RX8's highs softer compared to the Chord carnival silverscreen and the Epic's I have.

A

Anonymous

Mmmm,how disappointed,I searched the dealers local,they have no Van Damme cable to sell...

Are there any high cost performance copper cable recommended?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Have a nosy here: http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/speaker-cable-tests-and-results-from-last-nights-fiddling

Similar system to yours; hope to help :)

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
AndyYue said:
Mmmm,how disappointed,I searched the dealers local,they have no Van Damme cable to sell...

Andy which country are you in? There are several dealers that stock it in UK, some are on ebay.

A

Anonymous

d_a_n1979 said:
Have a nosy here: http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/speaker-cable-tests-and-results-from-last-nights-fiddling

Similar system to yours; hope to help :)

Great~!!!

You are appreciated!

A

Anonymous

BigH said:
AndyYue said:

Andy which country are you in? There are several dealers that stock it in UK, some are on ebay.

I'm in China~:):p

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
AndyYue said:

I'm in China~:):p

[/quote]

I see. The only one is in Hong Kong called Rumble, if you check the Van Damme website there is an email contact.

A

Anonymous

BigH said:
AndyYue said:

I see. The only one is in Hong Kong called Rumble, if you check the Van Damme website there is an email contact.

Thank you,BigH~

The shopping between Hong Kong and Mainland is a little difficult~ Anyway,I really appreciate your reply and recommendation~

:cheers:

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
If you can get it readily you'll not go wrong with the Odyssey 2 or Carnival Silverscreen but both the QED Silver Anniversary XT and Revelation (again if available) should be considered :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts