Atlas Hyper 2.0 v Chord Epic Reference (2)

• Thread starter QuestForThe13thNote
  • Start date
Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I’m starting this again in the hope nobody posts any horrible, smart Alec comments. Please just post positive stuff.

incidentally I just put the chords back and the difference this makes to soundstage, bass response, extra detail, and dynamics is quite big.

blacsabbath commented that audioquest rocket 33 was better than atlas hyper and I’m inclined to think if I tried it I’d agree.

just got sent the speaker cable and this atlas hyper 2.0 is quite nice. I can recommend it if you want to round the system off with a neutral smooth sound. I’ve tried it before with earlier speakers and it wasn’t great and a bit flat but the speakers were quite a bit smoother.

I thought I’d give it a go as the power cables were making things very transparent but I decided not to go ahead with the Helios power cables on my power amps, so I think this is going back. I now need a better longer power cable that fits my steamer as the Helios on my streamer is nice.

I think this just goes to show that speaker wires can be suited to different hi Fi’s. They may sound rubbish on one but not another. The chord epic reference is a bit more sparkly with the hi frequencies and you get more lispiness to voices and the soundstage of the music is overall bigger and wider with more space around instruments and the vocal, listening to Julie Byrne at the moment. Also the chord is better with the bass, so I will definitely be keeping it. It’s a fantastic speaker cable.

Id be interested in others experiences to draw some parallels on speaker wires.

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I think this just goes to show that speaker wires can be suited to different hi Fi’s. They may sound rubbish on one but not another.

Why would that be the case?

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Agreed but I’m not really interested in why that’s the case for purposes here, but really common parallels and from people who have tried multiple cables.

One parallel across different speakers I’ve tried hyper 2 is that it’s warm and neutral. Probably a touch the wrong side of neutral, as the chord reference cable I have gets out more detail.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
nick8858 said:
I think this just goes to show that speaker wires can be suited to different hi Fi’s. They may sound rubbish on one but not another.

You are only allowed to be positive and agree with the op that cables make a real difference on this thread, please behave!.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
davedotco said:
nick8858 said:

You are only allowed to be positive and agree with the op that cables make a real difference on this thread, please behave!.

I think that was a smart Alec comment Dave. I've not read quests other cable post but all he asks here is for no smart Alec replies, he doesn't say you have to agree. Your remark seemed pretty inflammatory. I know you two have history, but why start it all again?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
radiorog said:
davedotco said:
nick8858 said:

I think that was a smart Alec comment Dave. I've not read quests other cable post but all he asks here is for no smart Alec replies, he doesn't say you have to agree. Your remark seemed pretty inflammatory. I know you two have history, but why start it all again?

Just repeating what the OP said in his opening post, in order to post on this thread, you have to agree with the premis that such cables make a real difference.

No dissent is allowed. Quite absurd.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

davedotco said:
radiorog said:
davedotco said:
nick8858 said:

Just repeating what the OP said in his opening post, in order to post on this thread, you have to agree with the premis that such cables make a real difference.

the normal point of a forum is to post a question for people to come in with positive thoughts and comments. If you just come into a post to say no dissent is allowed and it’s absurd, it’s not exactly helpful or taking the thread forward. If you want to set up a post about dissent please do so and discuss me as negatively as you want, but please don’t mess up threads by doing this. It’s just trolling behaviour otherwise.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I agree - so if someone posts asking for others experiences, they don’t expect that kind of reply, which isn’t helpful. It’s a tangent. Most forumers agree to keep things on thread.

D

Deleted member 108165

radiorog said:

Then I suggest you read them... All! I'm sure that you will find that DDC did not post at all in Quest's other multiple threads. You can't ban people from threads just because it suits one persons wishes. This is a public forum, not a dictatorship!

I've said my piece, I do not intend to post in this thread again.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

DougK said:
radiorog said:

Then I suggest you read them... All! I'm sure that you will find that DDC did not post at all in Quest's other multiple threads. You can't ban people from threads just because it suits one persons wishes. This is a public forum, not a dictatorship!

no the point of a forum is to reply to people’s comments and assist them. Banning or not doesn’t come into it.

insider9

In fairness Quest you've come on my Kegworth thread and started slagging off the show you've not only not been to but to which you have no interest going. And then you called it too niche, anorakey and not great hifi. Once again without any experience. And all that slagging off you called giving an opinion and a debate.

Yet on your threads you state that you want positive comments of people who have experience? How about you lead by example? Show some consistency please. Otherwise why are you asking others to follow rules you don't follow yourself?

All rhetorical questions don't wish to go into debate about this. Just pointing it out respectfully. Maybe this will give you an idea why others behave the way they do.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

insider9 said:
In fairness Quest you've come on my Kegworth thread and started slagging off the show you've not only not been to but to which you have no interest going. And then you called it too niche, anorakey and not great hifi. Once again without any experience. And all that slagging off you called giving an opinion and a debate.

Yet on your threads you state that you want positive comments of people who have experience? How about you lead by example? Show some consistency please. Otherwise why are you asking others to follow rules you don't follow yourself?

All rhetorical questions don't wish to go into debate about this. Just pointing it out respectfully. Maybe this will give you an idea why others behave the way they do.

yes because people have more than had their money’s worth against me on threads I posted about information and feedback on power cables etc, yet on your one you invited comment about a show and I told you what I thought. All is fair I think.

And i wasn’t slagging it off, so much, but giving an opinion, albeit a negative one.

You could possibly post on helping a guy out on his aspirations and livelihood and contribute to that - ellis, instead of this. I’d welcome that, as would others I’d hope.

daveh75

QuestForThe13thNote said:
davedotco said:
radiorog said:
davedotco said:
nick8858 said:

the normal point of a forum is to post a question for people to come in with positive thoughts and comments.

The list of words you don't understand just keeps on growing doesn't it?

That's not a forum you're describing, it's an echo chamber...

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
nick8858 said:
That was a little agressive don't you think?

Just the usual reaction of someone who clearly believes that the rules only apply to other people, The arrogance is breath taking.

I have mostly stopped directly interacting with this person in an attempt to keep the peace because, in the main, this is a friendly and polite place. Difficult to ignore totally as so many of his posts are irritating and deliberately provocotive, but I am doing my best.

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Dave, think you are right. Reckon I shall butt out too as this thread (a repeat of a previous one) will probably deteriorate into the same state as the last one. Thank goodness this guy isn't a moderator as all we would see on this forum are his posts.

D

Deleted member 108165

It's already happened Nick, just take a look down the list of threads created, all you see is the same persons name again and again. This all gets damned boring as the decent threads get buried at the bottom of the list or on page 2.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
nick8858 said:
Dave, think you are right. Reckon I shall butt out too as this thread (a repeat of a previous one) will probably deteriorate into the same state as the last one. Thank goodness this guy isn't a moderator as all we would see on this forum are his posts.

All we see on this forum is his posts...*biggrin*

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Think someone needs to take another long break. This forum has now just become endless posts about cables which should not even be on this forum. I can see why some forums ban cable posts.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
DougK said:
It's already happened Nick, just take a look down the list of threads created, all you see is the same persons name again and again. This all gets damned boring as the decent threads get buried at the bottom of the list or on page 2.

agreed. I'm with Dave, I'm not responding directly. The lack of self awareness is absolutely staggering. Somebody who literally cannot see the hypocrisy of their own words. Like I've said, it's full blown narcissism, and unfortunately, speaking from experience (which I'm told trumps everything in this day and age ;) ) you cannot talk to a narcissist because what they say is correct, even when they contradict themselves. I'm guessing it will go on for a while, then he'll pull another attention seeking hissy fit like last time where he abuses everybody, whilst claiming that people are abusing him, when they aren't, then he'll say people are being illegal and he's going to report us to the police etc. Hopfeully after that it'll get calm again. But I think until that point I'll be giving the place a wide berth, it's just not nice to know that everything you say, regardless of what it is, has to conform to one persons standards otherwise it's not valid, or is rude, or insulting or whatever. Good luck y'all.

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing it will go on for a while, then he'll pull another attention seeking hissy fit like last time where he abuses everybody, whilst claiming that people are abusing him, when they aren't, then he'll say people are being illegal and he's going to report us to the police etc. Hopfeully after that it'll get calm again

Blimey didn't know it got to that stage in the past. I'm taking the day off work to change my locks and get a couple of pit bulls for the back yard in case he calls.

daveh75

Maybe Quest should acquaint himself with the house rules (particularly no. 13)

https://www.whathifi.com/house-rules

Trouble is of course no one at WHF giving enough of a crap to actually enforce them, so he will continue to run amok/hold the entire forum hostage...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts