Chord clearway or Tellurium Q Blue?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
My first car was a Moskvitch 412 estate, given to me by my art master. Apart from having absolutely no taste in cars, his main claim to fame was that he had taught David Bowie.

The car itself was solid, if uninspiring. The engine design looked to be a (bad) copy of a BMW 4 cylinder engine from a previous generation.

I wouldn't recommend it.

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
On the subject of the OP and his cables, just worth pointing out that there isn't a single post in this thread that makes any reference to the technical specification of the cables - which is the only thing that might make a difference.

You can draw your own conclusions from this.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
andyjm said:
On the subject of the OP and his cables, just worth pointing out that there isn't a single post in this thread that makes any reference to the technical specification of the cables - which is the only thing that might make a difference.

What should the OP conclude from this? That some people like to actually listen to hifi before making recommendations, whereas other people like to read about how it might work before dismissing it and then slagging it off?

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Gaz37 said:
Vladimir said:
Gaz37 said:
Vladimir said:
Cheap cables = cheap sound

Expensive cables = more money but not necessarily better sound.

Why not?

In spite of what marketing may suggest expensive is not always better

Hmm. Are you saying they can make stuff up? Surely not.

Define better? I heard a system a couple of years ago that tore paint from the walls and very nearly burst my eyeballs. The guy who owned it had spent twenty years getting it to that point and absolutely loved it. Go figure...

Oldphrt

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
Gazzip said:
andyjm said:

What should the OP conclude from this? That some people like to actually listen to hifi before making recommendations, whereas other people like to read about how it might work before dismissing it and then slagging it off?

The only important thing you need to know is the resistance of it, which the foo manufacturers don't quote. You then select the cable with the lowest resistance. Both companies make impossible claims for mains leads, so that rules them out as far as honesty is concerned.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Gazzip said:
Vladimir said:
Gaz37 said:
Vladimir said:
Gaz37 said:
Vladimir said:

Why not?

Define better? I heard a system a couple of years ago that tore paint from the walls and very nearly burst my eyeballs. The guy who owned it had spent twenty years getting it to that point and absolutely loved it. Go figure...

So you're saying it doesn't really matter which cable the OP picks as long as he is convinced he got the right one?

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Oldphrt said:
Gazzip said:
andyjm said:

The only important thing you need to know is the resistance of it, which the foo manufacturers don't quote. You then select the cable with the lowest resistance. Both companies make impossible claims for mains leads, so that rules them out as far as honesty is concerned.

But what if the cable with higher resistance sounds better? What if two cables have same resistance but sound different?

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Oldphrt said:
Gazzip said:
andyjm said:
On the subject of the OP and his cables, just worth pointing out that there isn't a single post in this thread that makes any reference to the technical specification of the cables - which is the only thing that might make a difference.

The only important thing you need to know is the resistance of it, which the foo manufacturers don't quote. You then select the cable with the lowest resistance.  Both companies make impossible claims for mains leads, so that rules them out as far as honesty is concerned. 

But what if the cable with higher resistance sounds better? What if two cables have same resistance but sound different?

Imagination, that's all

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
http://gizmodo.com/305549/james-randi-offers-1-million-if-audiophiles-can-prove-7250-speaker-cables-are-better/amp

Why isn't Mr Randi $1 million poorer if expensive cables are so good?

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Gazzip said:
Vladimir said:
Gaz37 said:
Vladimir said:
Gaz37 said:
Vladimir said:

Why not?

Sounds like me ;-)

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Which cables should I buy to hear more from the band and less of the screaming?
clear.png
eek.png

CheapTrick_Live_atBudokan.jpg

Cheap Trick at Budokan is a live album released by Cheap Trick in 1978 and their best-selling recording. It was ranked number 426 in Rolling Stone magazine's list of "the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time". Cheap Trick found early success in Japan, and capitalized on this popularity by recording Cheap Trick at Budokan in Tokyo on April 28 and 30, 1978, with an audience of 12,000 screaming Japanese fans nearly drowning out the band at times.
[/i]

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
You need these....

http://www.nintronics.co.uk/Accessories/accessories-by-type/speaker-accesories/speaker-cables/audioquest-wel-signature.html?Length=7374&gclid=CjwKEAjw2qzHBRChloWxgoXDpyASJAB01Io0WLwr58iqkFVATTREahl_Roak_HVO9HgaU605G55KOBoCcJ7w_wcB

Seriously anyone who pays this sort of money needs some serious counselling. You can buy a house for that price up north. Utterly ridiculous

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I recently bought some QED Reference of some sort speaker cables at a good price on the bay. The difference was marked. Compared with my usual stallwarts it was mid forward with both treble and bass roll-off.

It looked good, was as new and was 'factory terminated' with those nice QED metal or whathaveyou Airtight plugs. - I wanted to like it ... it didnt happen. A good cable for the right system but not mine.

I sold it on shortly thereafter and got my money back.

If you buy wisely s/h you should be able to compare cables to your hearts content and not loose money.

You might loose your mind in the process ... .

Just an example :)

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Genuine question, how do you "design" a speaker cable to sound how you want?
It's a piece of wire with a plug on each end, that doesn't give you much to play with does it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts