Chord clearway or Tellurium Q Blue?

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Go to maplin and buy the speaker cable they stock.

Much better imo and you will save loads.
Or go on cables direct and get the best studio cable.

Message from benchmark media systems about cable:
Note to hifi users:
If you are a hi-fi user, beware of the pseudo-scientific false claims of overpriced and underperforming hi-fi cables. Avoid these "hi-fi" cables and equip your system with the finest professional cables available. We offer our professional cables in lengths and types that are appropriate for home hi-fi systems. You will save money while getting the very best performance available.

Dont give these rip off merchants your money

shadders

Andrewjvt said:
Go to maplin and buy the speaker cable they stock.

Much better imo and you will save loads. Or go on cables direct and get the best studio cable.

Message from benchmark media systems about cable: Note to hifi users: If you are a hi-fi user, beware of the pseudo-scientific false claims of overpriced and underperforming hi-fi cables. Avoid these "hi-fi" cables and equip your system with the finest professional cables available. We offer our professional cables in lengths and types that are appropriate for home hi-fi systems. You will save money while getting the very best performance available.

Dont give these rip off merchants your money
Hi,

You b*stard. I was just about to start a cable company selling such products, which rely upon unscientific methods. I had my spending of the exceptional profits, planned for a holiday home, Aston Martin, ferrari, porsche, yacht, and multiple holdays every year. You have "ruined" (said like stewie Griffin of family guy) all my plans. You b*stard.

Regards,

Shadders.

abacus

Well! Only just seen this post, so a bit late in the reply, however, to confirm what has been said above.

Avoid Hi-Fi cable manufactures at all costs, as they will just try to sell you some cheap cable with a fancy name and gobbledygook for inflated prices, instead, go to a professional music store (Or online store) and get some proper cables from there, as that way you will get the quality of cables that are used in professional studios, (The ones that produce the music you listen too) which will be a fraction of the price, and of much superior quality, compared to the overpriced rubbish that Hi-Fi cable manufactures try to con you into buying.

Hope this helps

Bill

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
from the same old bunch who turn up to every cable thread started, I agree with ellisdj find a dealer who will allow home trials and then buy which ever is best, its your decision and your money to do what you want to do with.

*aggressive*

ps. to those who keep turning up when a cable thread starts and insults the op's intelligence why bother, this is a hifi forum after all and cables will be mentioned at some point.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
peterpan said:
Which is better; the Cord or the Tellurium? The Tellurium are cheaper.

I have found the Chord cables I have heard a little harsh for my tastes. I haven't heard Clearway but I have had Carnival, Odyssey, Epic, Signature and Sarum (all mainly on loan) in my system over the past few years. Tellerium Black I had in my system for a while, but I found the sound to be quite flat, 2D and uninvolving. In the end I have settled with Van Damme studio cables because I like the way they sound, not for the reasons cited above by some. Do as advised above by Ellisdj and others and try before you commit.

shadders

macdiddy said:
from the same old bunch who turn up to every cable thread started, I agree with ellisdj find a dealer who will allow home trials and then buy which ever is best, its your decision and your money to do what you want to do with.

*aggressive*

ps. to those who keep turning up when a cable thread starts and insults the op's intelligence why bother, this is a hifi forum after all and cables will be mentioned at some point.
Hi,

I made a joke, and it was not insulting. It was just a joke.

I agree, it is a hifi forum, so all views are allowed, whether for or against cables. If you have an opposing view, it is not insulting to state so.

Others have offered their scientific experience and opinion which indicates cables make no difference. This does not mean they are insulting the original posters intelligence. They are offering advice, contrary to others, and perhaps the original poster may be thankful for it. You have assumed that they have the same view as you. If they do have the same view as you, then ok, at least people have tried to assist.

Regards,

Shadders.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
To be fair though shadders he asked for opinions on 2 cables.

So far no-one has commented who has actually tried either

The question wasnt should i or should i not buy. It was i am going to buy one just which one.

I dont know the price but graham slee spatia is better than most others i tried inc lots of chord but i didn't make an alternative suggestion because thats not what was asked.

shadders

ellisdj said:
To be fair though shadders he asked for opinions on 2 cables.

So far no-one has commented who has actually tried either

The question wasnt should i or should i not buy. It was i am going to buy one just which one.

I dont know the price but graham slee spatia is better than most others i tried inc lots of chord but i didn't make an alternative suggestion because thats not what was asked.
Hi,

Ok, but that does assume that the original poster is aware of the scientific views on cables, or the recommendations of the pro audio market. Perhaps they are, or perhaps they are not. Either way, the original poster has the information for review.

Regards,

Shadders.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Which car should i buy... Moscovitch or Hindustan

You wouldnt warn him?

Off topic Andrewjvt, but have you seen what's on eBay at the moment? Something which may tickle your loudspeaker fancy. Made in the 1990's so not new, but a quick manufacturer's service for a few hundred and you could save yourself £10K and fulfill your dream... Apologies to others for the cryptic nature of this post...

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Gazzip said:
peterpan said:
Which is better; the Cord or the Tellurium? The Tellurium are cheaper.

I have found the Chord cables I have heard a little harsh for my tastes. I haven't heard Clearway but I have had Carnival, Odyssey, Epic, Signature and Sarum (all mainly on loan) in my system over the past few years. Tellerium Black I had in my system for a while, but I found the sound to be quite flat, 2D and uninvolving. In the end I have settled with Van Damme studio cables because I like the way they sound, not for the reasons cited above by some. Do as advised above by Ellisdj and others and try before you commit.

Which ones did you go for Gazzip?

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Gazzip said:
Andrewjvt said:
Which car should i buy... Moscovitch or Hindustan

You wouldnt warn him?

Off topic Andrewjvt, but have you seen what's on eBay at the moment? Something which may tickle your loudspeaker fancy. Made in the 1990's so not new, but a quick manufacturer's service for a few hundred and you could save yourself £10K and fulfill your dream... Apologies to others for the cryptic nature of this post... 

Hi yes thanks i know exactly what your talking about.
Alas ive spent a little too much for just now lol.
once in back from holiday in may. Im back in the hunt.
Thanks for keeping your eyes open.

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
What I always say.

Go to dealer that stocks both cables, ask their advice then ask for a blind audition, but insist that YOU connect the cables and ask the knowledgable expert salesman to identify which cable is which.
Bet him the price of the most expensive cable that he won't be able to do it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts