chord biwire epic super twin or chord signature?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have chance to get Chord Signature 2-2 configuration for price of Epic biwire. Does signature sound better despite not being biwire?

Also - I've seen that Chord have upgraded the signature - what benefit does this offer.

I'm hoping WHF has existing thread of article they can pass on please?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
woollyjoe:
I have chance to get Chord Signature 2-2 configuration for price of Epic biwire. Does signature sound better despite not being biwire?

Also - I've seen that Chord have upgraded the signature - what benefit does this offer.

Depending on your system of course but I imagine it's very good, I'd plump for the Signature, it's supposed to be special.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:woollyjoe:

Depending on your system of course but I imagine it's very good, I'd plump for the Signature, it's supposed to be special.

Me too

A

Anonymous

Have arcam avr600 taking optical stereo from computer and BD from Denon 2500BT to MA Platinums.

BBiwire would be better in principle, but is there instances like this where signature is just better?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
woollyjoe:
Have arcam avr600 taking optical stereo from computer and BD from Denon 2500BT to MA Platinums.

BBiwire would be better in principle, but is there instances like this where signature is just better?

No offence but I would spend my money on getting a designated stereo amp for the Platinums before spending hundreds on speaker cable. I think you have a great set up for home cinema but if you are thinking about upgrading speaker cable for just home cinema, I would say you are mad! The Arcam is a great receiver but I don't think it's worthy of the Plats for stereo.

A

Anonymous

i'm curious why you think a stereo set up would be better than the avr 600. assuming we are talking £1k for cable, you think I could find a dac and stereo amp that would beat the arcam at twice the price?

Am all ears. Do the whf editors have a view or do any chord employees read these forums?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
woollyjoe:
i'm curious why you think a stereo set up would be better than the avr 600. assuming we are talking £1k for cable, you think I could find a dac and stereo amp that would beat the arcam at twice the price?

Am all ears. Do the whf editors have a view or do any chord employees read these forums?

I haven't heard the AVR600 but typically AV amps come nowhere near stereo amps for music, set up differently.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
woollyjoe:

I'm not saying that with £1k, you could get a DAC and amp that would beat the Arcam - although my DacMagic and an £800 stereo amp probably would. However, Your speakers deserve a stereo amp in the £1.5k plus region and a cd player or DAC of the same sort of price. Your AV amp warrants much less of a speaker cable than the Signature.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:woollyjoe:

I'm not saying that with £1k, you could get a DAC and amp that would beat the Arcam - although my DacMagic and an £800 stereo amp probably would. However, Your speakers deserve a stereo amp in the £1.5k plus region and a cd player or DAC of the same sort of price. Your AV amp warrants much less of a speaker cable than the Signature.

I agree.

A

Anonymous

How do agree with something you have not heard. This AV amp was declared the best AV up to £15k in the Ultimate guide, and praised for its stereo?

The DAC in the Amp is exceptional and would take a lot of money to be bettered - I have heard the DACmagic and would rate the ARcam over this.

We are digressing though - for the same price - is Chord Epic super twin better than Chord Signature (not biwired)?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Most people forget that these high end speakers are designed around hi-fi amplification, which is generally more potent than that of an AV receivers.

Personally, I'd single wire with better cable rather than bi-wire with lesser cable. Also, single wiring at this point leaves you open to a bi-wire upgrade later on. Initially, some Chord bi-wire links might be worth an investment too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts