Chord Active HDMI: overkill for PS3?

Audiofoolius

Aug 12, 2008
Visit site
I was wondering if this highly acclaimed HDMI cable would be a wise investment for a PS3. When I switched the Sony 3m HDMI (30 euro) for my 0,75m Profigold HDMI (50 euro) I instantly noticed a cleaner picture (less noise). Would the Chord Active produce a wothwile improvement visually speaking? Sonically I am sure it would be better.

Next year I'll probably buy a Sony BDP-S760. At the moment I believe it's a touch too expensive in the Old Continent. And I've just bought a new TV too (Philips 32PFL9604).

A

Anonymous

maybe i'm not using it with kit to show it at it's best, i changed my qed p classic to this lead. i have it wired from my sky hd to my sony 40w2000 but i can't notice a great deal of differance over my qed p classic if anything it seems to have made the picture a bit softer.
when i get round to using it with my onkyo 905 that is being repaired again i may notice a big differance with sound as this seems to be where this lead can pull out some extra detail, if i get time i'm going to try it with either my ps3 or hd dvd player later to see if it makes a differance with them.

A

Anonymous

I doubt that you will see any significant visual benefits on a 32 inch screen. Perhaps you may want to consider a Chord Supershield or a VDH Flat instead as a means of an upgrade over your existing cable?
GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

Audiofoolius

Aug 12, 2008
Visit site
ValianTX:I doubt that you will see any significant visual benefits on a 32 inch screen.

That's quite possible. But then again the Profigold showed significant visual improvement on my 23" Panasonic LCD (bedroom tv). The Philips is already ordered but won't be here before the second half of the next week, so I have to live with the small Pana for a couple of days. :) The Philips replaces a 32" Sharp Aquos from 2006 btw.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts