Cheapest Blu Ray Player Yet?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

In Hmv and online they are doing a limit blu ray player for £80.00.

I think this could be one of the cheapest yet?

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
emotion-11.gif
Rebadged Momitsu player, same as the Foehn and Hirsch that E Buyer are selling.

Multi Region for Blu Ray with a simple code entry on the remote.

At that price it,s a bargain.

The Tevion that Aldi were selling is also a rebadged Momitsu.

I have the Tevion and there very good, picture quality is as good as my Sony 350, loads faster, quieter, and Multi Region for Blu Ray.

A

Anonymous

seasiders rock:
emotion-11.gif

I have the Tevion and there very good, picture quality is as good as my Sony 350, loads faster, quieter, and Multi Region for Blu Ray.

How can this possibly be a 'bargain' as you put it, when you can obtain the latest Sony BDP-S360 with all the bells and whistles for less than £100.00? That IS a bargain!!!

GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
ValianTX:seasiders rock:
emotion-11.gif

How can this possibly be a 'bargain' as you put it, when you can obtain the latest Sony BDP-S360 with all the bells and whistles for less than £100.00? That IS a bargain!!!

yep, I'm with Vtx on this one. How can £80 be a bargain for something I wouldn't buy for £40!?

A

Anonymous

EDITED BY MODS: Please do not repost copyright material from other sites.

Gerrardasnails:ValianTX:seasiders rock:

emotion-11.gif

yep, I'm with Vtx on this one. How can £80 be a bargain for something I wouldn't buy for £40!?

You're missing the point here. Try getting a blu-ray player that's multizone for blu-ray discs. The Sony S360 for £99 maybe multiregion for DVDs, but not blu-rays. The cheapest blu-ray player that's multizone for blu-ray discs available currently in the UK otherwise is the Panasonic DMP-BD60 for £309.

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
emotion-11.gif
Thank you, try buying a multi region Blu Ray player for less than £300, you cant.

The Limit is alledgedly reduced to £50 in store only (dont know how long for ) at HMV stores.

The reason i bought my Tevion is CHEAP Region 1 Blu Ray from the USA, example Brave Heart £11 delivered.

Tom Petty, Stevie Nicks on Blu Ray not available in UK and Region 1 only.

A

Anonymous

bigboss:Gerrardasnails:ValianTX:seasiders rock:

emotion-11.gif

You're missing the point here. Try getting a blu-ray player that's multizone for blu-ray discs. The Sony S360 for £99 maybe multiregion for DVDs, but not blu-rays. The cheapest blu-ray player that's multizone for blu-ray discs available currently in the UK otherwise is the Panasonic DMP-BD60 for £309.

You might be the one missing the point. PICTURE & SOUND quality - does this rubbish unknown blu-ray player have it? Anyone who buys this is daft!!!

A

Anonymous

seasiders rock:
emotion-11.gif
Thank you, try buying a multi region Blu Ray player for less than £300, you cant.

The Limit is alledgedly reduced to £50 in store only (dont know how long for ) at HMV stores.

The reason i bought my Tevion is CHEAP Region 1 Blu Ray from the USA, example Brave Heart £11 delivered.

Tom Petty, Stevie Nicks on Blu Ray not available in UK and Region 1 only.

Tell us about the picture and sound quality please compared to the Sony or Panasonic. Rubbish, I'm sure.

Garland Genoho:

You might be the one missing the point. PICTURE & SOUND quality - does this rubbish unknown blu-ray player have it? Anyone who buys this is daft!!!

Well, actually, the picture & sound quality is quite good! This player (in its various forms) has been discussed at length in other forums & people have praised its quality. There are almost 250 posts in one thread & 350 posts in another thread. Google it to read them. In any case, sound is not an issue if you bitstream it to your receiver.

It's obvious that this player is not for you. If you're not bothered about the multizone capabilities, then, by all means, go for a Sony S360. This is an excellent option for those who want a multizone blu-ray player on a budget.

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
hmm interesting, i might invest in one if its that cheap, i would like to have a multi zone player, so that i can buy Criterion Blurays

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss:seasiders rock:

You're right. HMV stores are selling the Limit blu-ray player for £50 in-store & £80 online.

I had looked at this for a present for my niece because she needs something quite small.

Is that definete Bigboss, thanks, and do you know anything about the size of it.

Thanks

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
emotion-11.gif
Just because you have not heard of a make dont jump to the conclusion it,s rubbish !

Theres an old saying " if you hav,nt tried it dont knock it"
emotion-4.gif

I had family staying over christmas and used both machines Sony and the Tevion and the comments were the picture quality was as good as the Sony.

Plus as pointed out if your sending out bitstream to your receiver the sound quality is down to your kit.

The HMV deal instore £50 for a multi region blu ray is out standing, it,s a no brainer...
emotion-21.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss:It's about 2/3rds the width of an XBOX........quite small.

Thanks Bigboss.

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
Just picked one up from my local HMV for £49.99 - they had 3 on display.

I'm looking forward to trying it later tonight - with a brand new, unwatched copy of the Wizard of Oz Blu-ray.

I'll report my opinions tomorrow.

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
bigboss:This player is variously known as Momitsu / Tevion / Limit / Foehn & Hirsch / Aldi blu-ray player. The manufacturer is Momitsu.

emotion-11.gif
Just to point out the Aldi machine (Tevion) is a Momitsu but is a different model..Codes for Multi Region Blu Ray are the same.

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
Well, I've tried it with The Wizard of Oz and Total Recall, and it looked and sounded good.

I also tested it with the opening of The Dark Knight, and it was similarly impressive.

I haven't done a direct comparison with my Pioneer player, as I need another HDMI cable (I switched the Limit for the Pioneer). I might have detected some slight 'shimmering' in the glass windows of buildings in TDK that I don't recall noticing on the Pioneer.

But for the price, it's excellent!

Now I need to buy a region A Blu-ray to test its multi-region switching ...

D

Deleted member 2457

Nice One ElectroMan, have you tried it with DVD's yet?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts