Cheap, good interconnects

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
In addition to the other mains cable thread where I recommend a 'cheap' mains lead, these are what I use mainly through my systems;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Profigold-Skyline-PROA4201-Stereo-Cables/dp/B003BUA394

I have also re-wired a couple of turntables with those. They are well construced with a decent amount of copper and good shielding. Well made too.

There is no large perceiveable difference between the Profigold and for example a QED Reference. I very much doubt anyone would manage to tell them apart.

Regards

mikeparker59

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I use these http://www.richersounds.com/product/hi-fi-interconnects/cambridge-audio/aud500-1m/camb-aud500-1m

perfectly adequate good quality connectors though a bit pricier than drummerman's recommendation. The connections are nice and firm unlike some 'throwaway' cables I've had supplied with equipment in the past.

Mattan

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
But you can get 4 sets of the Profigold for 1 set of the Cambridge Audio. Are they that much better?

(BTW, I'm a long time user of CA's Pacific interconnects. They've always seemed good quality for the price-point)

T

the record spot

Just snagged one of the mains plugs DM mentioned and a pair of Fisual interconnects. I liked the build of the Fisual coax so thought I'd give the RCAs a spin.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I use Fisual Pearl toslink and Super Pearl 2.5m analog.

About £30 all up. Seems nicely made and the fit of all plugs are solid without being over tight.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
This weekend or maybe Monday I will make my own interrconnects -a pair of them consisting of an RG6 & an RG59 coax cable - I'll pass by Maplins and get some connectors.

I'll let you know how they sound....what!?....was that a group moan from the forum ...no, it must have been the bass from John Legends 'Lets Aim High' from his 'Love in the future' album....I hope.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
jaxwired said:
I use a chord crimson. Cheap and great.

Never used chord cables but I'm sure they're good and glad to hear that even a man with your expensive taste of equipment uses a well priced interconnect.

regards

PS. Try a set of the profigolds

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts