cheap-Fi

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

gasolin

I got the Qed silver anniversary xt for 3.34 pounds or 3.9 euros a meter, at futureshop it costs 6.5 pounds and another place in Denmark it's over 10 euros or just above 9 pounds.

I think they made a mistake but i managed to get some before i told them what the cable normally goes for

I think i made a good deal, they have ship it to me for the price i payed

Shipping is 1 meter= 3.34 pounds or 3.9 euros ;) (so basically 9 meter total with shipping, ordered 8 meter)

Reactions: Wil
Cheap, unfortunately, is a relative term. Cheap to me may not be cheap to you.
I would debate that cheap hifi doesn't exist but that's hardly the point when others are describing postage costs.....
Buying from Japan or China can incur some nasty penalties at the end of the day.
Perhaps cheap-fi is what you can find on your own doorstep or car boot sake.

gasolin

Cheap, unfortunately, is a relative term. Cheap to me may not be cheap to you.
I would debate that cheap hifi doesn't exist but that's hardly the point when others are describing postage costs.....
Buying from Japan or China can incur some nasty penalties at the end of the day.
Perhaps cheap-fi is what you can find on your own doorstep or car boot sake.

Cheap is realtive to the normal retail price

ThisIsJimmy

Nov 11, 2020
Visit site
I agree, everyone likes a bargain and that's how it should be, bargains can be had at every price level.

Exactly. CheapFi definitely still can be Hi-Fi based on the performance of the device in question. With the innovations though in technology which will eventually drive costs down, at what point does CheapFi then become the norm for price to performance?

Whilst some people might consider the Topping D90SE as exorbitant cost, I look at it as a bargain based on prices to get try and get anywhere near that performance a few years ago. However with how the market has changed in relation to the competition, you might not consider that cheapfi anymore, but it is most certainly HiFi.

For products that are just 'tat' (cheap or expensive) they just are tat.

Wil

May 8, 2020
Visit site
Hi-Fi = Commerce

I’d like to let readers think/debate that for, say, 48 hours before I write more.
I’ve previously, #66, highlighted the difference between cheap-Fi and Cheap-Fi:
I styled it as cheap-Fi, but if the c is capitalised, whenever in capital, then…

My thinking/belief, for myself, is settling on (setting aside time to) making-more-money. Or cutting out a-habit (food/alcohol/clothing, whatever) to save to buy…

The next Hi-Fi product I really want is, in fact, cheap. Although it's many times the cost of an iPhone 13:

So, what can I say to people who want a Hi-Fi around that 13's price? This (and nothing more).

Last edited:
I’ve previously, #66, highlighted the difference between cheap-Fi and Cheap-Fi:

My thinking/belief, for myself, is settling on (setting aside time to) making-more-money. Or cutting out a-habit (food/alcohol/clothing, whatever) to save to buy…

The next Hi-Fi product I really want is, in fact, cheap. Although it's many times the cost of an iPhone 13:

So, what can I say to people who want a Hi-Fi around that 13's price? This (and nothing more).
Can you please stop posting items with so many links, it is unnecessary, and we have to waste our time checking them all...... :)

Wil

May 8, 2020
Visit site
Oh, "we" meaning Moderators? You're obligated to check every link?
Can you please stop posting items with so many links, it is unnecessary, and we have to waste our time checking them all...... :)
It’s kinda a habit from studying… If only they said the same thing about providing citations/proof.

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts