cheap bluray with multichannel outs

robolowski

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I am looking around for the cheapest :grin: bluray with multichannel outs . Just wondering whether it's worth to buy one of those players or just upgrade my av ( arcam avr100 ) .

A

Anonymous

Most of the Blu-ray players that have multichannel outs normally have them for a reason - to support SACD and DVD-Audio sources where the amp can't take their signals on HDMI but also to effectively use the Blu-ray player instead of the AV receiver as the DAC.

Realistically you're looking at around £500 tops for one, and one of the following (in no order of preference):

Cambridge Audio 651BD
Marantz UD-7006
Denon DBP-2012UD
Oppo BDP-93

Shop around online and you may find them for less (Denon for £429 at last check)

The other option is to upgrade the Arcam AVR-100 to a receiver with plenty of HDMI inputs. You then don't need to upgrade the Blu-ray player straight away, but that can always be done later if you feel the need to do so. What would your budget be for a replacement receiver if you went down that road?

robolowski

May 12, 2010
Visit site
WazP said:
Most of the Blu-ray players that have multichannel outs normally have them for a reason - to support SACD and DVD-Audio sources where the amp can't take their signals on HDMI but also to effectively use the Blu-ray player instead of the AV receiver as the DAC.

Realistically you're looking at around £500 tops for one, and one of the following (in no order of preference):

Cambridge Audio 651BD
Marantz UD-7006
Denon DBP-2012UD
Oppo BDP-93

Shop around online and you may find them for less (Denon for £429 at last check)

The other option is to upgrade the Arcam AVR-100 to a receiver with plenty of HDMI inputs. You then don't need to upgrade the Blu-ray player straight away, but that can always be done later if you feel the need to do so. What would your budget be for a replacement receiver if you went down that road?

I was thinking about marantz ud7006 as a replacement for cd and usb playback and have just one box for music and film. But as standalone bd player it will be too dear for me at the moment at least...

As for an av amp upgrade i was going to buy onkyo 609 and i really like the sound it produce , but i need av amp with pre-out in order to connect my stereo amp to it , to use one pair of speaker cables.

It seems that i'll have to save a bit more to buy 709 model or marantz 6006.

robolowski

May 12, 2010
Visit site
John Duncan said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PANASONIC-DMP-BD85-WiFi-MULTI-REGION-DVD-BLU-RAY-/140714190633?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_Video_DVDPlayers_Recorders&hash=item20c3382729

Thanks John for a good find. I should have mentioned that it needs to be 3d capable too :)

If it's going to be near 200 mark then i defo going to upgrade the av.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts