Belden cable confusion

skutters

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I don't want to start a what is best cable or cable comparison thread, it's just that I was looking to get some Belden 8402 interconnect cable as it was recommended by A British Audiophile as being pretty good and cheap(ish). But what has confused me somewhat is that if you go on Design a cable website and others a 1metre pair is £90, but on those same sites you can buy the cable for DIY at £30 for 2metres and around £20 or so for the RCA connecters. So just wondering why anyone would buy the ready terminated pair for another £40 or so for what I can make out is exactly the same thing.

D

Deleted member 201267

Hi, I don't want to start a what is best cable or cable comparison thread, it's just that I was looking to get some Belden 8402 interconnect cable as it was recommended by A British Audiophile as being pretty good and cheap(ish). But what has confused me somewhat is that if you go on Design a cable website and others a 1metre pair is £90, but on those same sites you can buy the cable for DIY at £30 for 2metres and around £20 or so for the RCA connecters. So just wondering why anyone would buy the ready terminated pair for another £40 or so for what I can make out is exactly the same thing.
Because some people cant be arsed to make them !

Gray

Just had a look at the price of the Van Damme Starquad cable and it's buttons makes you think how can it be any good.?
Probably because they sell a fair bit and also because they don't exploit buyers.
They're not the only makers of Starquad type though.

This video is a good demo of the enhanced interference rejection - though of course this is a low (mic) level signal subjected to extreme trouble.
Nevertheless, even for short, balanced XLR interconnection it would be my cable of choice.

Single core, standard version from Van Damme is all you need for durable, flexible RCA cable - available in several colours.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ckp5CYBBjE

D

Deleted member 201267

Probably because they sell a fair bit and also because they don't exploit buyers.

This video is a good demo of the enhanced interference rejection - though of course this is a low (mic) level signal subjected to extreme trouble.
Nevertheless, even for short, balanced XLR interconnection it would be my cable of choice.

Single core, standard version from Van Damme is all you need for durable, flexible RCA cable - available in several colours.
"Probably because they sell a fair bit and also because they don't exploit buyers."

EXACTLY.

skutters

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

Thanks I will watch that later.

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts