Cheap Blu Ray Player - Sony announce new £300 cut down PS3

FoxJA

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
Sony today announced a £300 version of the PS3. Blu Ray and HDMI functions remain intact, but loses 2 USB ports, Memory card reader and backwards compatibility for games.

Good quality Blu Ray player for £300 - with the added advantage of being able to play games.

A

Anonymous

and the 60gb current model to be dropped once sold out........not sure if i'm glad or not as brought one a month ago......

A

Anonymous

[quote user="FoxJA"]
There will still be a full spec 60Gb model, but the pack is now just £350 with 1 controller and 2 games.
[/quote]

err no, I quote from from Official PS3 site:-

In the UK and Ireland, a Value Pack consisting of a 60GB PS3 with extensive backwards compatibility and two first party titles will be on sale at a price of ?499 (£349). Remaining on sale while stocks last, the 60GB model represents outstanding value for the keen gamer wishing to upgrade to the High Definition capabilities of PS3. Once stocks are exhausted the new 40GB model will be the only one available in the SCEE territories.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
All these changes to the PS3 shows just how well it has been doing in the sales department compared to Wii and XBOX 360, and Sony say the changes are to offer better value etc.

FoxJA

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="hifi_nut"]err no, I quote from from Official PS3 site:- In the UK and Ireland, a Value Pack consisting of a 60GB PS3 with extensive backwards compatibility and two first party titles will be on sale at a price of ?499 (£349). Remaining on sale while stocks last, the 60GB model represents outstanding value for the keen gamer wishing to upgrade to the High Definition capabilities of PS3. Once stocks are exhausted the new 40GB model will be the only one available in the SCEE territories.[/quote]
I never saw that bit before. Although the rumour is that Sony are going to release a 120Gb version, which would go in line with the TV/Recorder add on they are planning to release next year.
All these different versions are just likely to confuse people, I'm glad I have the full spec version.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts