PS3 Vs Sony BDP-S760 for blu-ray

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Im thinking of buying a dedicated blu-ray player such as the sony bdp-s760 or the pioneer bdp-320. I am currently using my ps3 but have heard that longterm use for blu-rays/dvds can stress them causing failure. Also would like to know what sort of advantage in picture and sound quality im likely to gain over the ps3 and would it justify the outlay. Any knowledge would be appreciated especially if someone has both units.

A

Anonymous

I did just that a few weeks ago and I am so glad I bought the BDP-S760. I have found the picture quality to be even better than the PS3 Slim. More importantly I found the PS3 had issues with some pan shots, but going to a dedicated played has removed the issues I had.

Sound was more musical, I was astonished by the difference in audio. I have mine on a granite platform with isolation pods to help reduce error correction.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your replies. I have noticed something similar to what you described but not so much with slower pan shots, its more with fast motion such as fight scenes or car chases. The picture change doesn't seem fluid, verging on jumpy making it uncomfortable to watch. I pretty much already had my mind made up on the 760 anyway.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
dansmith23:I pretty much already had my mind made up on the 760 anyway.

Get a copy of the new mag Dan. You could save yourself some wedge.

A

Anonymous

Why don't you consider the Sony BDPS370 its just been reviewed by this magazine and compared to its rivals including the BDP S760 and beat them all on PQ and SQ and you can pick it up from richer sounds for £150. As well as being What Hifi best budget blu ray player its also their best mid range player because it even beats players at twice its price.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Si22:Why don't you consider the Sony BDPS370 its just been reviewed by this magazine and compared to its rivals including the BDP S760 and beat them all on PQ and SQ and you can pick it up from richer sounds for £150. As well as being What Hifi best budget blu ray player its also their best mid range player because it even beats players at twice its price.

Which is kinda what I was getting at without giving anything away!!
emotion-42.gif

A

Anonymous

cheers for that guys. I was going to get the mag this morning but didnt have time. I will get it first thing tomorrow. ooh im actually excited. does the 370 have the headphone socket with the surround sound as that appealed to me listening late at night

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts