Changing from QED Silver Anni Biwire to something else...

Binman

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
I am having to move my amp further away from my speakers, so need to get some new speaker cable. 5m/run will do.

I currently have QED Silver Anniversary Bi-Wire. My budget for new cable is about £6/m.

Any suggestions? For my budget I guess I'm not going to get a decent bi-wire cable, so any reason not to change to single wire?

Kit: Rotel RB-06 Power Amp > B&W 602 S3 speakers.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Uh-oh!
emotion-1.gif

The advantages of bi-wire over single are, as with any other cable issue, much debated. My own opinion is that it varies from one system to the next and you only find out be trying.

One suggestion: as an experiment, try your QED in single wire configuration and listen for any obvious change. As I have just said in another post, I currently use my Chord Odyssey bi-wire cables in single wire mode (simply because the Marantz I now have only has two binding posts) and have noticed no degradation. That said, I have not tried the reverse: 2-4 configuration. Something else to try out, I guess.
emotion-2.gif

Binman

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Uh-Oh indeed - I didn't mean to
emotion-1.gif

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll try your experiment and see if it makes a difference.

Hopefully I can *** this one in the bud and just say....

.....I'm just after recommendations for speaker wire, rather than bi-wire vs single wire.
emotion-2.gif

tj27

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Have a look at Chord Carnival Silverscreen.

I changed to this & found a nice improvement. Only thing to bare in mind is the thickness of it!

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Yup; in agreement with Chord Carnival Silverscreen as well.

If you have a look in the Hifi section you'll see a recentr demo I've done with the Chord against the more expensive QED Revelation speaker cable.

It was a very close call so dependant upon your tastes in music the QED could prove to be worth looking at as well
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts