Changing from CRT to LCD/PLASMA

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am currently thinking about changing my existing 28" Panasonic "Quintrix" Flatscreen CRT to either a 32/37" Plasma or an LCD TV. However I am concerned about the quality of the image. Will I see a definite improvement on standard broadcast through a standard Sky box? the models i am considering are: Panasonic TX-32LXD700 or the Panasonic TH37PX70. Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks JP

A

Anonymous

If you can wait a couple of weeks I will let you know when I replace my 28" CRT with the Panasonic 32LXD700

I will be watching SD through a Humax Freeview PVR but don't think it will be much different than a Sky box.

I have been told that the SD picture on this TV is really good.

Andy TW

Jul 13, 2007
Visit site
I've just replaced my Panasonic CRT (a TX28PK10) with a Panasonic TH37PX70 plasma.To be honest you won't see any real improvement (beyond the larger picture) with SD signals from a Sky box.However the better quality Sky signals will look as good (on the PX37PX70), and if an upgrade to Sky HD is practical then the change is definitely worthwhile in my opinion.

A

Anonymous

As there has been a new round up of TV's I went to curries, spent good 40 mins looking at LCD and find even with a 1080p panel with football showing you still get motion blur. They only had one respectable plasma pioneer in store, but that was a let down as it looked terrible with the jaggies the size of steps! Yes I did try to change the settings on many tv's with having different picture enhancements etc.
I came to the conclusion it's going to be another 2-3 generations before these issues are resolved, admittedly I need to see a plasma again, but I will stick with CRT for the next few years.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts