65 inch tv help

Ian986

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi All

I have been thinking of replacing my Pioneer plasma not because I am unhappy with it just fancy a bigger TV.

The problem is everyone seems to have a different opinion on which is better.

I had kind of made my mind up to get LG OLED65B6V Then I visited a few shops and kind of confused me. I went to Sevenoaks and they said good things about LG, but the Sony ZD9 was better, they had a demo running and look pretty good with standard HD running through it.

I then went to Richer Sounds they to said that LG was nice but the Pannasonic oled was better picture or they had a demo on Panasonic TX65DX902 which looked pretty good but was quite a bit cheaper then they hit me with trump card LG has been reduced 2999 and you get a years worth of Sky Q for free!

I thought I have a solution to this I will goto cost co as they have a very generous exchange policy so I can buy one and try it and if I dont like it take it back, But alas they dont do that model !

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Richer Sounds is consistently amongst the top 5 retailers for customer service.

Panasonic OLED was previous generation, the new generation hasn't been launched yet. Both LG and Panasonic LED (DX902) are excellent, but Panasonic is better. The LG offer seems pretty good and worth going for.

i spent several weeks pouring over news and reviews of 65inch tvs.

i went to currys several times to look at them, both flat and curved. and from all manufacturers.

i decided on the sony as it was a 2016 model, and had a hdr update waiting for it once you had updated the tv.

the first one went back after i noticed some vertical banding, which was quite annoying, but the replacement tv is fantastic.

it can now be bought for under £1500 from several suppliers.

i watch 4k content through netflix, which looks amazing, but you do need very fast broadband to get the best from it.

my samsung plasma lasted me 8 years before it started to show its age, so, if i can get the same out of the sony i will be happy with that.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Any retailer is going to tell you....

the model(s) they stock are better than the model(s) they don't!

After all, you wouldn't go to a BMW dealer and expect them to recommend you buy a Mercedes instead!

Also, even if a retailer stocks two competing brands, they might be under management instructions to push brand X ahead of brand Y, especially if the retailer has a warehouse full of brand X he can't shift, and / or if there are better financial incentives for selling brand X.

The best bet is to buy the TV you like the best and / or can get the best deal on. Make sure the picture settings in the store aren't set to the artificially bright ones used by retailers (demo mode or such like) and that it has all the latest bells'n'whistles, especially HDR, ARC, HDMI2.?, etc. Warranties and customer service come into play as well. You want your retailer to still be there if your TV goes "phut", but don't get conned into shady extended warranties costing a third of the value of the TV.

Last of all, make sure your TV is well screwed to the wall:
52841c1b-c3ab-4c12-bffb-4da11d50db2f-original.jpeg

Johntheguv

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm am also looking for an upgrade from my Sony Bravia KDL-55HX923 I was looking at a sumsung UE65KS8000 as I don't want a curved TV.

ive always bought a Sony tv but who knows I've read the reviews and have driven myself mad by it all I'm going to wait until either Black Friday or the the January sales to purchase one but what do I buy?

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
We've got three Samsung 4K TVs and a couple of 1080s as well. The 4Ks are 6-series, 7-series and 8-series, and each one is better than the last. The oldest one is about two and a half years old.

We've also got a five or six year old Panasonic 1080p plasma, still going strong.

Tell the truth, we've probably got more TVs than Currys. Or Gel. And that's saying something....

Ian986

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
In the end I went for the LG the offer was to good to turn down, get sky for a year too and I hope that I will be happy with the OLED pannel. Just got to wait for delivery on Thursday now.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Ian986 said:
In the end I went for the LG the offer was to good to turn down, get sky for a year too and I hope that I will be happy with the OLED pannel. Just got to wait for delivery on Thursday now.

*good*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts