Centralized audio streamer?

Evil Overlord

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
My house has 4 sets of JBL in-wall speakers, each with a volume control, wired to a central point. My music is stored as FLAC files on a ReadyNAS NV+.I'm looking for a central system player that can be controlled remotely, but has a clear display. My thought so far is to buy a diskless Olive One (which plays FLAC, has an attractive display, and can be controlled via Android app), connected to an amp or receiver (need to check specs of Olive One integrated amp), and a speaker selector. That would allow me to play from a central point, control from that point, and control via app. I had originally planned to use a Squeezebox Touch, but... Any other suggestions ( <$800 total)?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Evil Overlord said:
My house has 4 sets of JBL in-wall speakers, each with a volume control, wired to a central point. My music is stored as FLAC files on a ReadyNAS NV+. I'm looking for a central system player that can be controlled remotely, but has a clear display. My thought so far is to buy a diskless Olive One (which plays FLAC, has an attractive display, and can be controlled via Android app), connected to an amp or receiver (need to check specs of Olive One integrated amp), and a speaker selector. That would allow me to play from a central point, control from that point, and control via app. I had originally planned to use a Squeezebox Touch, but... Any other suggestions ( <$800 total)?

A Sonos Connect:Amp and suitable impedance matching speaker selector would do it but you wouldn't be able to listen to different music in different rooms, you'd need one C:A per speaker pair to do that but that won't come in at less than $800.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts