CD Upgrade

Pike900fish

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi you knowledgeable folks in hi fi land!

looking to upgrade my disc spinner. What do you think would be the best match for my system? My music is varied but like anything from Prog/Melodic rock to a nice bit of Thrash Metal. Don't like too bright a sound but love detail and a good soundstage and for Prog rock like to get absorbed in the music..

Thanks
emotion-1.gif

T

the record spot

Exposure 2010s if you like a bit of thump. A bit of a party animal by all accounts with hifi credentials to match.

A

Anonymous

fr0g:I'm guessing you ought to spend a little more and go for "The most startling piece of kit this century?"

OR get an end of line Cyrus CD6x now for less than your budget and updgrade through Cyrus factory further down the line!

Pike900fish

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Sorry Fr0g I'm being thick as usual...what do you mean by the most startling piece of kit?

Also, would any of the Arcam s be worth a look eg CD73, CD192 as they are heavily discounted now.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

fatboyslimfast:...but it is over 50% more than your budget...but hey - you only live once eh?
emotion-5.gif

Hence my suggestion of nabbing an end of line CD6x and having the possibility of factory upgrade later!

John Duncan

Forget the 73, waste of time in context. The 192 is worth a look (where's Joel?). For the music you listen to, consider also the Rega Apollo (mk2) or maybe an older Naim 5i (no italics) or Primare D20.

If you can stretch to the Cyrus, then I guess you have to listen to it, though it sounds like it may not be 'warm' enough for you.

A

Anonymous

You need to listen to the Arcam CD17 as soon as you can, this player is something very special!

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
No it HAS to be the CD6SE. It MUST be able to mow the lawn, play blu-ray, or cook your dinner surely?

Yes, I am being facetious.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts