Cd dilemma

tosh

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
Hi, I'm buying a new cd player to go with an arcam a65+ and kef iq5se. The dilemma is this, do i buy a cambridge audio 640v2 or a second hand rega planet 2000 which i've been offered for roughly the same price? Thanks for any help.

John Duncan

Tricky. You won't get a better sound from the Rega over the Cambridge (in my opinion), but you will get a cooler player. If you like the aesthetics (and don't plan to put anything on top of it) and are not risk-averse (from not having a guarantee), I'd get it.

John Duncan

Quite a good deal then. It's not really a better player than the Cambridge (imo) but is certainly cool (which is worth paying for
emotion-1.gif
)

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Rega cd players are superb, better build and the sound is much more coherent. Apollo and Planet are the stars buy, not too sure about your rega planet 2000! If I remember rightly it quite a smooth sounding cdp which shouldn't offend no one
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]
Rega cd players are superb, better build and the sound is much more coherent. Apollo and Planet are the stars buy, not too sure about your rega planet 2000! If I remember rightly it quite a smooth sounding cdp which shouldn't offend no one
emotion-21.gif

[/quote]

I think the Rega is a far better player!

A

Anonymous

I home demoed a Rega Planet a few years back,a very musicle player smooth very much like a marantz 63se,perhaps slightly more detailed.I would go for the Rega.

A

Anonymous

My judgment would be that the Rega will present the music with more soul...whatever that means...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts