CD and USB?

Q Bass

Sep 5, 2007
Visit site
To play music via the USB port

I've have an 8GB USB drive so I thought if I could get a CD player with a USB drive I could have the best of both worlds

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Oh right, so a player with a USB input.

Don't know of any CD players so equipped off the top of my head, but there are several DVD players with such a facility.

manicm

New NAD C565BEE, will play 'MP3 and WMA as well as uncompressed WAV' throught its USB port. Will be pricey though, although they do say USB hard drives are supported as well in addition to the normal sticks, so they may be onto something here.

manicm

Andrew Everard:Thanks for that - hadn't studied those new NAD specs in any detail.

Yeah, that must say a lot about my state of mind!
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

I wonder when DAC's (like the DACmagic) will have usb ports and little LCD displays to pick tracks - hopefully with lossless support (FLAC, WMA, ALAC).

A

Anonymous

Second that regarding the Marantz SA8003. I am going to demo one of these tomorrow at Sevenoaks, Southampton so will let you know how it goes!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
3dHeli:I wonder when DAC's (like the DACmagic) will have usb ports and little LCD displays to pick tracks - hopefully with lossless support (FLAC, WMA, ALAC).

Surely you're looking for a media server there rather than just a DAC. All an external DAC is effectively doing is inputting a digital signal and outputting an analogue one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts