CCA setup?

• Thread starter Deleted member 160668
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 160668

Hi folks,

I’ve setup the Chromecast Audio which was easy. Other than activating Full Dynamic Range which I’ve done is there any other setting I should know about?

ive noticed I cannot check/change sound quality settings in Spotify app as being controlled by the CCA (although always use extreme 320kbs anyway).

That seemed just too easy, like I’ve missed something!

Anyway, once I’ve had a good play with this I will post a follow up review of the CCA vs the Arcam rBlink Bluetooth, my previous Spotify connection to hifi. Good chance the rBlink will be going me thinks.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Agree no more settings. If you use the digital connection it defaults to hdr.

abacus

You cannot change most of the Spotify settings when something is playing, (They are greyed out) but if you stop the playback (Not just pause it) all settings will become available.

Hope this helps

Bill

D

Deleted member 160668

this may be normal, or maybe I’m being picky...

when swipe closed the Spotify app, or tune in radio, it continues to play music via the hifi. Guessing this is as my phone is now only a remote control. Presume I need to get used to physically stopping music before closing apps.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Yes it is normal as the streamer is obviously the cca and it’s streaming off the internet natively (by itself), unlike Bluetooth. The app just is the remote and points it to where it needs to look and come on etc. Just like with most streamers like my cyrus streamer, if I turn the iPad off and the streamer is streaming off tidal, it will continue to the end of the album.

Looks like you’ve done all you need to! In some uses, you ‘cast’ from your device to the CCA, but with a supplier like Spotify, or in my case Qobuz, the CCA is the source once you’ve directed it, and carries on regardless.

It is ridiculously good imo, and it’s proved impossible to find a serious review comparing it with a conventional streamer - which might be next step for me. But I’m thinking Linn DS territory!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts