admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I was just wondering what sort of car audio the average WHF reader has. To start things off; Alpine INA-N033R DVD Navigation head unit Alpine 10 inch Type-R sub woofer - powered by Alpine MRP-M350 Alpine 6x9 Type-R rear speakers - powered by Alpine MRV-F407 Alpine Type-R component front speakers (biamped) - powered by Alpine MRV-T757 (4 channel) Alpine 3.5mm to Ai-NET adaptor for MP3 direct to head unit QED silver anniversary speaker cable SPLX directional RCA cables and no, before anyone says anything silly, It isnt a system aimed at over amplified thumping bass.

A

Anonymous

Got the stock standard (and not bad) Blaupunkt spinner & speakers in my Astra SRi though a few years back I had a 306 D-turbo with: top of range Kenwood Mask head unit & reference series 10 disc changer, Kenny 300W/ch 4x power amp feeding 2 x Kenny reference series 7x10's and a Kenny 10" sub in nice box - all neatly wired through. Stunning sound. Prior to that in a 205 i had a Kenny head unit, Infinity 6x9's and 2x Eminence 300W 10" subs in a tri-chamber band pass box - yes it was all about the bass this one.
After having one full car system worth about £3k stolen before I put my money into audio in the house where i have my baseball bat these days.
Yours sounds like a nice system - make sure its well secured (and dont say here how)

A

Anonymous

You would NEVER know this kit was in my car, the only thing on display is the head unit which doesn't look all that unless you look close. Or hear it.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
There was tons of in-car stuff on show at IFA. The most incongruous of which was a gorgeous Lamborghini, packed to the gull-wings with Becker in-car hi-fi, pumping out..... Mull of Kintyre.

Q Bass

Sep 5, 2007
Visit site
In the car we have: A JVC headunit with SD card slot, Audiobahn door speakers x 4, Audiobahn tweeters x 4 powered by an Audiobahn 4 channel ampIn the real there is another huge chrome Audiobahn 2 channel amp with 2400w RMS powering 2 x 12" Audiobahn immortal Subs (each can handle 2000w RMS)

It sounds better than some clubs lol

Cheers

Q

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Q Bass"]In the car we have: A JVC headunit with SD card slot, Audiobahn door speakers x 4, Audiobahn tweeters x 4 powered by an Audiobahn 4 channel ampIn the real there is another huge chrome Audiobahn 2 channel amp with 2400w RMS powering 2 x 12" Audiobahn immortal Subs (each can handle 2000w RMS)

It sounds better than some clubs lol

Cheers

Q

[/quote]

Nice!

A

Anonymous

Just sold all my car audio. Some chavs bought it all. No doubt it will be pumping out drum and bass at full gain. What a waste of good kit. :-(

A

Anonymous

hahaha. Nice one Richard. I have an Alpine head unit bi-amping (bridged) my front pair of little 5inch Pioneer speakers (I think) and in the boot an Alpine 4 x 150w (if i recall correctly) powering 4 6x9 Alpine speakers. Now I have had this lot nicked before. First the head unit and the second time just the amp and speakers from the boot. Why? Well, the first time, the face of the head unit was removed but to anyone that knows what the blank panel looks like it doesn't take a genius to work out there is nice stereo in there and I was leaving the facia in the glove box. Well I'm not carrying it around. What a *** that would be. So I bought another one. Kind of had to! But this time I dug out the old crappy Peugeot only fitting rubbish stereo and using a hacksaw sliced the front off and superglue the buttons back on. I placed velcro at each and and now, when I take off the facia and stick it in the glove box I put the old, original, rubbish one back on! So no-one has knicked the head unit since. But sadly they did knick the amp and speakers on the dedicated boot cover I'd make (estate version you see). Why did they do this? Well because I'd set the speakers above the plate and on show. D'Oh! But they didn't even look at the head unit :) So I've rebuilt and replace the boot cover and set the speakers and amp above into it all, but firing through a cut-out grid in the plate through acoustic cloth so no-one can see that there is anything there at all. And hey-presto I haven't been broken into since.

A

Anonymous

TWOCers really wind me up. Good idea with the phantom face thing.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Will Harris"]But this time I dug out the old crappy Peugeot only fitting rubbish stereo and using a hacksaw sliced the front off and superglue the buttons back on. I placed velcro at each and and now, when I take off the facia and stick it in the glove box I put the old, original, rubbish one back on! [/quote]
Nice idea - wish I'd thought of it before my mask unit got nicked. Worst day in the world coming out the house to see my 306's locks dangling by the side of the car and all my nice carpeted amp surrounds etc I hand built, sitting on the road behind the boot.
Can you believe the b%$&*#@s took every single cable. Its a long time ago now though.

strobo

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Pioneer DEH-P9800BT here. Pre-outs plumbed via home-made adaptor into the cars standard-fit cabling and JBL amp/speakers. The Bluetooth handsfree is a bonus as I spend all day in the car. I keep meaning to replace the standard-bit stuff, but with better gear if I felt inclined to turn up the radio, I'd miss out on the music from the V6 under the bonnet... ;-)

C'est la vie!!!

A

Anonymous

focal 165cm polyglass components front/back, jvc mp3 head unit, soundstream 4 channel power amp and jbl dual 2ohm voice coil 12" sub in a sealed box. front and back speakers wired in parallel for 2 ohm to match the sub. Sounds amazing, much better than the stock citroen head unit and cheapo italian speakers that came with my c5!

A

Anonymous

My car audio is considerably better than in my flat unfortunately, although I have a plan in place to change that.

I have an Alpine CD headunit, Rainbow components, Alpine 12" sub, Alpine 4 channel amp (bridged - driving comps) and Alpine mono amp for sub.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts