car audio recommendation for Joelsim

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Hey mate,

I, like one of the other posters, was in the car audio game until a few years back. Although I agree that Clarion are great and Eclipse make excellent subs, I would recommend Alpine above all others. 10 years ago, Alpine was seriously expensive (my system at the time cost over £3000! Had to be great for demo purposes, though) 

The prices have dropped dramatically since then and you can get a head unit for under £200 pounds now.  

A great site for I.C.E is caraudiodirect.co.uk.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Alpine stuff is great.

I too started my audio love affair with I.C.E, I ran an Alpine CDA-7939R, ERA-G320 EQ into my Genesis 5 channel amp.

Sounded great, but the 7939 died (7 years old, so I wasn't really too annoyed), sold the ERA-G320, and the Genesis amp got stolen from my car last November, along with my 6 disc changer and my 2 Pioneer TS-SW124D slimline 12" subs! (Again, more annoyed at the damage to my car, the amp was 10 years old and one of the full range channels had developed a fault, the subs were cheapies, I mostly miss the changer!)

Now I just have the basic H/U (CDA-7853R) and JL Audio 5x7 2-way co-axs in all 4 doors.

Yes I miss the sheer volume, the quality and the bass but I don't have to worry about leaving it anywhere anymore. A sad indictment of inner city living. Glad I moved out to the 'country' last Feb.

A

Anonymous

not really 'into' car auido but afer getting my latest, 6 seater high roof lt35, it need more sound than what i was gettign from some poxy dash mounted rubbish
emotion-39.gif
. so installed some 6*9 pioneers i had from my previous van. the 6*9 were placed on the parcel shelf facing to the back so souned loud but shi7, so decided not long after to invest in a relatively decent little system, as i do spend a fair amount of time in my van

had a kenwood 6disc in the van along with the £40 pair of pioneers 6*9's in boxes was incredibly boomy (not in a good way) so i have recently (2months ago) aquired a boss sub and amp package, can go all kid racer loud but that's not why i brouight it. and last week had a pair of focal 165a 16.5's components instaled. down ward facing so head is about 6inches from them. all plugged into a pioneer 6000 head unit, usb plug in, saves me worrying about a multi disc.

no boom and so clear - so glad i made the change. recently ungraded my pc speakers as well, so all i have to do is buy my floor standers and the world will be as it should
emotion-21.gif
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

My Volvo has a nice sound system - it has two four channel amplifiers which are 250watts each (and two mono amps which are 200watts each) by Alpine (about 12 years old) with four bass/mid speakers, four tweeters and two 12" subs mounted in the boot (which take up too much space) with a Pioneer headunit (which is only a year old) with bluetooth and a nice spinny panel and the like. It also has a tracker (so don't think about nicking it) and the brand new Road Angel...but I'm just boasting now!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
The most important thing is the quality of sound. I'm usually in the car with the missus and kids and just hate my cheap Kenwood thing which makes every CD sound like it was recorded in a wine glass.

ÿ

ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts