Can we have a seperate DAC section please ?????????

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I am sure this has been requested before but can it please be implemented - unless of course it has and I have not stumbled across it ? If so apologies and please direct me to it.

Love em or loathe them - it seems to be where modern hi fi is heading and the "in thing" at mo, so seems appropriate.

Personally, i am thinking of getting a Rega DAC but need more advice - I have £499.95 to spend on me and me only due to an insurance pay out and I am not sure of what route to go ? Is the Audiolab DAC that much better that i should save another £100 to buy that instead ?

I am also a little bit confused on how it all works due to me only having an av amp - Sony DA5400es and streaming via a Sony Vaio / iTunes via Apple Airport Express - so a seperate topic just on DACS would be ideal.

Can I get a reply from the team please ?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
psurquhart said:
so a seperate topic just on DACS would be ideal.

Can I get a reply from the team please ?

Yes, and here it is. Leave it with me and I'll look into it when I get into the office later today.

Shouldn't be too hard to add a sub-topic section to existing computer audio area (dons tin hat and prepares for site meltdown!), but will take soundings with editorial team whether DACs section is appropriate when we don't have them for, say, speakers or CD players or whatever.

As I said, leave it with me – will report back when there's something to report.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Given that we've got a separate sub-channel for DACs in reviews, no harm in having one here on the Forums too. Over to you, Mr E – spanners out :)

TRENDING THREADS