Can someone help me with this, please!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I will be recieving my Panny 37PX80 next saturday and im trying to buy cables to enhance the quality.

On the advice of these forums I was going to buy a QED P4120 Scart cable, which as has been previously pointed out, does not carry sound. So my plan was to use a "Fisual optical cable which has a toslink connection" to run between my sky+ box and my Philips HST-3357 home cinema system. However heres the problem, this is a list of the connections on the philips:

Front / Side connections: USB, MP3 Line-in

•Rear Connections: AM/MW Antenna, AUX in, Composite video (CVBS) output, Digital coaxial in, Easy-Fit speaker connectors, HDMI output, S-

Video out, Component Video output, FM , scart

so no mention of optical. Can anyone recommend me an alternative solution?

A

Anonymous

I ended up buying the QED scart cable and also this

Profigold Phono Cable Will this give me good quality sound from my sky+ box through my home cinema system or have I made a backside of it?

A

Anonymous

The profigold cable will be okay for 2 channel stereo but if you have sky movies you may want full surround sound in which case you would be better with a digital cable

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. I dont know if I'll be able to use an optical cable though. Basically I want a cable to come out my sky+ box and in to my home cinema kit. However the only connection on the 'in' side of the home cinema is the standard red and white connections. The digital co-ax is on the 'out' side. Any ideas how I can overcome this?

A

Anonymous

yes get a proper av amp. one box systems are great until you want to use them for any thing else but dvd. the only way is in stereo and hope the one box has dolby pro logic. or get a scart that takes audio as well witch thay all should.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
The specs listed here (click on the Specifications tab) suggest it does have a digital coaxial in, meaning you could use the connector in my above post to hook the optical connection into your coaxial in. Are you sure it doesn't have one?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts