Marantz SR4001 AV. Can you Bi-amp with this amplifier?

nsr1200

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi

I have recently got back into the Hi-Fi state of mind and purchased the following:

Marantz SR4001 AV

Gale Silver Monitors

Cambridge Audio Symphony 400 speaker cable

I tend to prefer a two speaker setup compared to a full 5.1 or 7.1 setup. The reason I have opted for the AV is to enhance my FreeSat HD and Apple TV experience and can therefore connect everything up via HDMI and have a more pleasing experience.

The Gale Silver Audio Monitors have the option for bi-wiring.

Instead of bi-wiring I would like to know if the Marantz SR4001 AV will have the ability to bi-amp?

Would I be right in thinking that I can connect up the Output Front A and B speakers terminals on the unit to the relevant terminals on the speakers?

Thanks in advance.

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
If you only want 2 ch then you would do much better to get a stereo amp than an AV receiver. Use the extra money to get something better than the Gale's. If you specify your overall budget I am sure you will get lots of suggestions. Bi-wiring is a minor side issue do not get hung up on it, better to get the basics right first, then tweak later.

Cheers :)

chelstondave

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I think that the OP has already bought the marantz. Looking at the manual online I don't think that this one can bi-amp which is usually done by re-assigning the surround back outputs

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts