Can someone clarify if I have a problematic 2400es?

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
Just a quick one,

I received this receiver today and hooked it up to sky hd via hdmi and coax. I understand there was a known problem when connecting the amp to sky with an optical/coax cable but I’m not sure what it is.

On mine when the input mode is set to auto and I’m watching sky movies “linear pcm” is displayed along with the indicators stating its outputting 2 channels. When I switch the input mode to coax it displays Dolby digital.

So do I have the version with the problem?

Cheers

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
The issue was down to the fact that you couldn't tell the amp that the picture should come from the HDMI input, whereas the sound should come from the optical / coax input i.e. if you used the HDMI in, it would assume you wanted the sound from this as well.

So if you don't have the option in the settings to tell the amp that for the Sky input, you want picture from HDMI and sound from coax, then yes, you have this issue.

cram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
hold on will look this up in the morning as have one of these receivers. If I remember correctly you need to have sky hdmi plugged into the sat input. You then have to cycle through some of the inputs and not use the Auto setting.

cram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Ok try the following

Sky HDMI plugged into Sat HDMI on the receiver

Optical cable plugged into the Sat input on the receiver

Sky box set to output Dolby Digital (this is set on one of the system menus)

On the receiver:

Switch to Satellite

Press the Input Mode button until Opt is displayed.

Bob's your uncle, fanny's your aunt and you should be ok. One thing to note is not all Sky programs are broadcast in dolby digital in which case you will get linear PCM. Check the EPG on sky for programs broadcast in Dolby.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The problem with the early 2400s (and the early STR-DG820s) is that you couldn't switch the audio input if you were connecting Sky through the receiver with HDMI.

So if you had one with the problem, it wouldn't let you switch to coax (or optical) when watching Sky.

Yours is fine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts