can some one please explain this in plain english

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys first post so please be kind,at the mo i have a cambridge audio 340r amp powering a set of monitor audio radius speakers(bipolar rears) I only have about £200 to play with which i no is not a lot may be a bit more when i sell my 340.Any way i have been looking on the web,in local stores ect and they are saying i have to spend between£300-£500 to get an amp that will sound better than mine(something that i can here a difference) I have been looking at a denon 3802 i know that it is an old amp now but would it be a good upgrade for me?Also a lot of shops do not seem to like sony amps but on here the str-dh810 got five stars.I dont have a blueray player at the mo so will the denon sound better /as good as the new formats and would it be worth getting a new amp ie the sony? please help this is rearly doing my head in so good second hand amp or not so good new one thanks for your help

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Whether it sounds better is down to personal preference the Denon will have a different sound e.g to Onkyo and Pioneer. So you will need to go Demo the AV to establish what type of sound you like. Some AV's are warm and others are quite bright.

The Denon would be a good upgrade and I would highly recommend you a 2311 second hand :) Which will fall into your budget. You can then upgrade the speakers to anything you like as this AV can power anything you throw at it. Within reason of course.

Hope this helps and dont worry we all go through this :)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your help,i have been looking for a denon 2311 but can not seem to find one in my price range so do you think the denon 3802 would sound as good as the new hd sound formats?The other one i am looking at is a denon 1311 so sorry to ask the same question but a good second hand amp or a new one??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts