Can I use one sub for both hifi AND home cinema duties?

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Evening!

I've been looking around at new subs to replace my tired old Sony, which handled the home cinema duties, when a thought occured to me; Is it possible to connect two amps to my other sub (a Rel Strata IV)? It has Neutrik and low level inputs, so im thinking maybe I could continue using the Neutrik input for hifi and connect the AV amp to the low level?

Possible or am I talking nonsense? (be nice if it's the former, cos it'll save me shelling out for a new sub, which would be a touch cos i'm just bout to pull the trigger on a projector and funds is tight!)

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I use my PV1 in this way. Low level from my Onkyo and high level from my A85. I'm very careful to ensure it doesn't receive signal from both at the same time.

Had it connected this way for years without issue.:pray:

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Ahh, Big boy, you've made my morning! Cheers, buddy! Oii, that double peddle of yours looks like a beast. Let me know how it plays at the show.

A

Anonymous

I also use my BK xls200 in the same way as Big Chris and have done so for about 3 years now. I usually turn things on and off using the activities on the harmony remote so that way it helps knowing 1 setup has been swithced off before the other is switched on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts